♡ 50 - love can tell a million stories ♡

"I fucked it up, I fucked it up, I fucking fucked it up, oh shit bitch, I-"

"You didn't fuck anything up!" Roman laughed while they were changing in their dressing room. "You saved the show from awkward silence!"

Virgil groaned. "I guess, but..."

"It's not like you were the one who had the light come crashing down."

"I'm so glad it didn't land in the audience," Virgil grumbled. "How did it even fall?!"

Suddenly, a different voice echoed through the halls. ILIANA!"

The two turned their heads to the scream of one of the lighting crew's names.

Logan put his head in his hands. His face was somewhat red and he looked like he just woke up. "Iliana, I swear to God! The only time it is appropriate to drop a light from the ceiling is during Phantom of the Opera, but this is Falsettos and it was in the middle of their intense breakup!"

Virgil snickered. "I knew it was Iliana," he said quietly.

"How did that even happen?!" Logan exclaimed at the shorter woman. "I ought to give all those people a refund! Thank God Virgil is much more professional than you are. I was away sick for a couple hours and this is what you do?!" His voice was still ripped from the sickness.

"Now we need to repair that light," Logan continued, in horror. "We can't do this show without that light. Then the rest of the performances won't look the same, and my life will be metaphorically over!" He sighed loudly. "Where is it? Get me a box of tools, a ladder, Patton, and seven hours."

"Why Patton?" Iliana asked.

"To catch me if I fall off the ladder. Good night, and I will email you in around seven hours."

Roman cringed and chuckled at the same time. He shared looks with Virgil as they tugged their jackets on.

Virgil grabbed his bag and Roman put on his backpack as they left the dressing room and exited through stagedoor.

"You're sick! I'm not letting you do this while you're so weak," Patton insisted.

"Yeah, well," Logan responded, sniffing and blinking through itchy eyes, "I am."

"Let's get someone who actually does this as their job to fix it."

"I can do a lot of things," Logan tried to say, but his knees buckled when his sight became foggy and he had a sneeze attack.

Patton screamed, but reached out and caught Logan in his arms. He giggled.

"That's why you're here," Logan said with a small smile. "Oh, fuck!" He went into another sneeze attack.

Patton reached into his pocket and gave Logan a few tissues. Logan thanked him before Patton kissed his boyfriend sweetly.

"No! I'm going to get you sick too," Logan told him.

"Oh, please do. I hate being a freaking barista," Patton laughed.

Logan sighed. "But I have to get this done quick for the next show."

"Tomorrow's Monday, so you won't have to worry about a show tomorrow. We can take all of tomorrow together while we hire someone to fix the light. I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Patton!" Logan complained. "I..."

Patton waited for him to keep talking, but Logan yawned and fell asleep right in his boyfriend's arms. Patton beamed and carried him to the car, driving him to his apartment.