♡ 45 - emotions suck ♡

(a/n: so @ everyone who hasn't seen falsettos but read this book despite my spoiler warnings, im sorry for the spoilers first of all, and second of all, remember scott? who plays jason? jason's a kid. he's 10 in act 1 and 12 in act 2 so just think of him as a kid lol i feel like some people who don't know the story of falsettos didn't realize but maybe you did but JUST in case)

When they pulled away, Roman buried his head in the crook of Virgil's neck and began to cry silently.

Virgil's eyes widened. "Oh my God! Wait, what did I-"

"No, nothing's wrong!" Roman insisted. "I... I'm just so happy." He captured Virgil's lips again and began to see stars.

Virgil gave him a hopelessly loving smile, but there was something very faint shown in his glossy eyes; something was clawing at him. But he ignored it while he was with Roman.

First Declan, now this. Logan, of all people.

How much more could Patton take?

Knowing Logan, he understood that they would have a serious talk about it face to face and they would apologize to each other ten thousand times before they figured out how to move on.

But this wasn't Logan. Logan would never start bawling over the phone.

Logan would never cry.

Well, he barely cried. Or at least not in front of people. Patton had only seen him cry once before, and that was when...

Before he knew it, he was calling Logan.

It went to voicemail.

"You have reached the phone number of Logan Taylor. I am unable to answer the phone at the moment, so please leave a short message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you."

He hung up.

Of course it went to voicemail.

Logan was at work putting together the cast recording until he had to control the lighting and sound of the two shows tonight.

Well, the man was driven. Perhaps a bit too much so.

Patton would call again later.

Virgil dropped Roman off at the theater, said, "Break a leg, Weisenbachfeld," and drove back to his own apartment.

He didn't know what to feel.

He just went on a date with Roman. Now he's officially dating Roman, right?

He felt a shiver up his spine, but it was the good kind, somehow.

Flopping down on his bed, he let all his images of Roman cloud his thoughts, and he blushed to himself at a few scenes that came to mind.

He hadn't felt this giddy since...

No. He's dead.

Just... Just drop it.

He didn't want to be with Declan, and his death wasn't his fault...

So why couldn't he leave it behind?

He pulled the blanket over his body and it reminded him of how Declan sang to him on stage every night with his arm around Virgil, who was pretending to sleep soundly.

The memory made Virgil feel both fuzzy and nauseous at the same time.

His phone suddenly vibrated, and thank God for that.

It was a YouTube video notification from an art channel he loved, and he let himself get distracted watching each stroke of the paintbrush adding onto the large canvas, never able to be erased, though it didn't need to be.

I wish.