♡ 6 - all i want is you ♡

The next week, at rehearsal, Roman waved at Virgil and Virgil waved back with a small smile.

First, they did Four Jews in a Room Bitching, which was one of the most fun numbers Roman had ever rehearsed in his entire life.

Soon they got to The Thrill Of First Love, which Virgil was excited for because he got to kiss Declan.

When their lips met, Virgil was terrified. He had his first kiss in seventh grade, but that was the only other time he'd ever kissed anyone.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to play a character who loves sex.

Oh well. It was too late.

Declan rubbed his back and helped him relax, and he let the kiss linger a bit longer than it was supposed to.

When the song was over, Roman and the rest of the members in the room applauded.

Virgil sat next to Roman and took a sip of water. "Did I do okay?"

Roman nodded. "You did great!"

"Heh, thanks. I've literally kissed someone one other time in my life, so it was so strange..."

"Really? You seem like you've been with a lot of people."

"Is that... good?"

"Oh! Yes! Yes, it was a compliment. I mean, with your singing, and you're also really pr- your personality is really good."

Smooth.

Virgil wanted to know what Roman was about to say, but he didn't want to possibly make him uncomfortable by asking, so he dropped it.

"Hey, Virgil?" Declan tapped his friend's shoulder.

"Hm?"

"Can we... talk?"

Virgil looked at Roman, then back at Declan. "Yeah, sure. Will it be quick? We need all the energy we can get."

Declan nodded.

Virgil turned to Roman again. "I'll talk to you later."

"Adiós!" Roman said. He started reading the script and trying to memorize his lines early.

Declan led Virgil to the side.

"What's up...?" Virgil asked awkwardly.

Declan was struggling to get words out.

"...take your time, De."

After a solid minute of silence, Virgil caught his friend glance at his lips and he understood.

Slowly, he pulled on Declan's shirt to lower his face to press a gentle kiss onto his smooth lips. The taller man kissed back instantly and he put his hands on Virgil's waist.

The rest of the cast cheered.

Roman looked up, confused, and then he saw it.

Obviously, he was happy for Virgil and Declan, but something felt wrong.

He couldn't put his finger on it.

"Hon, you're just jealous of how hot Declan is."

"Rem, you don't even know what he looks like!" Roman said during a FaceTime call. Remy was sitting in a dark room.

His sassy roommate scoffed. "You sent me a picture of Virgil. And only the hottest people alive can get with that kid."

"You aren't helping..."

"I'm not very helpful. You've known me for years, is this new?"

Roman whined.

"Look, maybe you're just upset that you're still single. Or you like the hot snake guy."

Roman shook his head. "No way, Rem."

"Or... you like the hot young guy?"

"Virgil? No! No way. We're just friends. Maybe I'm just surprised. Seriously, I just thought there's probably something up with Declan."

"Chill out. They'll break up any time soon and you can ask out your new friend."

"It's not like I'm into Virgil or anything!"