♡ 44 - issues ♡

While the end of the bootleg was playing, Virgil found his hand in Roman's and blushed.

"Thank you," the teenager whispered.

"For what?" Roman asked.

"For like, agreeing to date me. And, like, tolerating me throughout all this bullshit and opening up to me even though I'm an asshole?"

Roman let out a breathy laugh. "You're not an asshole. You're just young."

"Young people are assholes, my dude. Have you met a middle schooler recently? Those kids are fucking insane." Virgil laughed with him. "Also, aren't you only two years older than me? And I'm only 19 in my third year of college? So I would be around your age knowledge-wise?"

"Well, yeah, but still! Things have been crazier for you than the people who thought Love Never Dies was a good idea!"

"They have... and thanks. For insulting Love Never Dies, but also for being around all the time. You know, you don't have to... I don't want to make myself seem more important to you than you are."

Roman brushed Virgil's bangs to the side and sighed. "I'm working on it. I've always been working on it."

With his bangs out of his eyes, Virgil could see the look in Roman's eyes clearly. He could feel Roman burying urges from the strain in his voice on the last sentence he spoke.

"What are you thinking about right now?" Virgil asked.

Roman had no idea how to start.

Which thought would he say first?

I'm jealous of your Queen hoodie.

Am I just a rebound?

I want Freddie Mercury to choke me.

Do you actually love me?

It would be amazing if you dyed your hair purple.

You're adorable when you scrunch up your nose.

Am I good enough for you?

Will I ever be?

I want to kiss you.

"Ro?"

Roman blinked. "Yeah?"

"...You know you just said all of that out loud. Right?"

"Fuck."

Patton was pissed. Pissed and sad. Maybe more sad than pissed. Angry tears streamed down his face as the rain pattered on his car lightly. It wasn't even heavy rain, but it made his blood boil.

Sometimes he wanted to look up at God and give Him a huge "fuck you" for creating the rain. For letting it fall this gloomy enough afternoon.

He didn't know why Logan wasn't responding to his texts and calls. He didn't know why nobody paid attention to him except for when he was in a crisis.

Pulling over into a parking spot, he let out a breath he'd been holding for far too long, and he calmed down enough to wipe his glasses clean of tears and continue driving.

The familiar sound of Logan's ringtone made him perk up. He glanced over and saw Logan's profile picture. He was calling.

Patton picked up and put him on speaker, ready to tell him off. "What's going on? Why are you ignoring me? You know how worried I was about y-"

"Patton!" Logan said, and Patton could hear him flinch through the screen, so he softened back to normal.

"Lo. What?"

"I'm sorry."

Patton opened his mouth to speak, but stopped in his tracks when he heard a quiet sniff. "...Logan? Are you...?"

"I never meant to be a dick. I mean, at least not to you and I didn't mean to ignore you; I just got so distracted by these irrelevant things and when I realized I wasn't replying to you, I didn't want to reply for some reason and I just didn't want to- I- didn't want to make you more- more upset- and I tried to distract myself with work to- like- to make- to do- to-"

With every time he stuttered, Logan became more and more helpless. His voice cracked in the most un-Logan way possible and Patton could hear him trying to gulp back sobs.

Finally, Logan went silent except for a couple sniffs, and hung up.

Patton pulled over again and kept calling and texting him, but again, he wouldn't pick up.

"You want Freddie Mercury to choke you?"

"Oh my God, shut the fuck u-"

"Kinky."

"Iliana, are you blind?" the director asked. He rolled his eyes and slid the switch upwards. "There you go."

Then he walked away and called Patton. Surely he'd be free to talk tonight, right?

He waited for his boyfriend to pick up, but it went to voicemail.

"This is Patton Ambrose! If I don't pick up, it's because I'm busy, ignoring you, dying, dead, or with a dog! Leave a message and I'll get to you as soon as possible!"

Fuck.

So he hung up.

Whatever. The cast would arrive in an hour and a half and he would have something else to focus on.

"And you want to... kiss me?" Virgil asked quietly. "You said-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know what I said, and blah, blah, this is going too fast and you want to wait because you're still sad because-"

"Roman."

"-of you-know-what and I'm probably a terrible person and I-"

"Roman."

"-should wait longer because you aren't comfortable and I don't want to make you uncomfortable and-"

"Roman!" Virgil laughed, lightheartedly at first, then softly and nervously. "Stop. I- I kinda..."

Roman's face was completely red as he still continued to ramble on. "You kinda feel uncomfortable? That's totally, totally fine, I just-"

To shut him up, Virgil put his hand on Roman's jaw and leaned into his face so their noses nearly touched. Roman's breath hitched. That shut him up for sure.

They met eyes and Virgil asked him a question without saying anything. Roman understood and nodded eagerly.

Finally, the gap closed between their lips.

Roman melted into it right away and held Virgil close, sighing happily. Virgil felt slightly awkward at first but got lost in the thought that...

This was Roman.

Roman, who he told himself he'd never fall for.

He was kissing Roman.

He thought it would feel wrong.

It didn't.