♡ 48 - lol ok ♡

Roman woke up at 10 PM to the doorbell. He wiped his eyes and went to answer it. "What do you want?" he slurred.

"Oh, I didn't know you'd be sleeping! Sorry..."

Roman snapped awake. He lit up. "Virgil!" When he looked at Virgil, he noticed him avoiding his eyes. "What's wrong?"

Virgil choked. "Oh, nothing! I'm just, uh. You're..." He gestured towards Roman.

Roman looked down and realized he was shirtless. He smirked. "You're staring at my abs."

"What?! No, ha, I'm not!"

He reached out and held Virgil's hand, playing with his fingers gently. "Come in, Virge."

"Ha, okay." Virgil blushed.

"So, What brings you to my condo at 10 PM?" Roman asked, yawning again. They were sat on the couch and Roman rested his head on a pillow.

Virgil looked behind him. "Oh, fuck. I fucked it up. Hold on. I'm gonna go outside and ring the doorbell and you pretend like nothing that just happened has just happened."

He rushed out of the room and as the door shut, he rang the doorbell again.

Roman opened the door and mimicked his previous tone. "What do you want?"

"Sorry, didn't think you'd be sleeping before this."

"Virgil!"

This time, Virgil's right hand was behind his back and he brought it forward to present a bouquet of roses to his new boyfriend. As Roman took them, gaping, Virgil did awkward jazz hands.

"That's adorable," Roman cooed.

And before Virgil mustered up the courage to say anything else, Roman kissed him. It was their second kiss, but it felt like their first. Virgil laughed nervously when the kiss was over, but Roman rubbed up and down his back to soothe him.

"I love you. Thank you."

Virgil's eyes suddenly began to water.

I love you.

That was what Roman had said with a giant, loving smile.

It wasn't the kind of "I love you" that had to be proven, or the kind that came in a package with tears and screaming. It wasn't unsure.

It was "I love you."

Virgil hugged Roman so hard, he nearly squeezed the life out of him. "I love you more."

"What's that?" Virgil asked.

"That?" Patton pointed to the burnt area near the microwave.

"Yeah."

"I, um- it's embarrassing."

A memory clicked in Virgil's mind.

"Hey, Patton. Uh huh. Uhhh huh. Yeah, I just finished... Yeah, I'll be home soon... Wait, WHAT? Patton, it's a fucking bowl of ice cream, how did you set it on fire?!..... I'll be there. Oh my God. Call 911!"

"You set ice cream on fire that one time, didn't you?" Virgil gasped. It all came full circle.

"Wait, who told you?!"

"Declan! When I first met him, he was on a call with you and he was horrified. He said, 'Patton, it's a fucking bowl of ice cream, how did you set it on fire?!'"

Patton burst out laughing.

"How did you do it?" Virgil laughed too. "I've been wondering."

"I tried to melt it so I put it in the microwave and put the timer on ten minutes. Then I took it out of the microwave, and left it on the counter because I forgot why I wanted to melt it. Then I forgot I even had it in the microwave so I microwaved it again and I don't know! It just got set on fire!"

Virgil covered his mouth with his hand, but he couldn't hold his hysterical laughing in. "Dude!"

Patton blushed, but it was obviously something he was fine with joking about.

"I have... more questions now that I actually know the story."

"I'll answer them. No, I don't know why I wanted to melt my ice cream, no, I don't know why I didn't just wait and insisted on putting it in the microwave, and no, I don't know why I put it in the microwave a second time."

Virgil opened his mouth to speak but Patton cut him off.

"And! No, I don't know how it set on fire! It's not humanly possible to do that, but I did it! Maybe I poured the melted ice cream into a plastic bag before putting it in the microwave a second time, but I was drunk so you aren't allowed to say anything! All I know is that I won't be drinking again."

"I think it's scary you've ever even been drunk," Virgil said.

They chatted and calmed down on Patton's couch that afternoon.

"So how did the call go with Logan?" Virgil asked.

"It went... okay. Logan got really emotional. I'm still worried about him, but now we're mostly back to normal."

Virgil gave Patton a hug. "I've said it before, but I ship it." He lowered his voice to a whisper. "Get married."

Patton turned red. "Yeah, no thanks. I love Logan, but he'll get sick of me before he thinks about marriage."

"Yeah, sure, but when he proposes, I'll rub it in your face that I was right," Virgil teased.

Patton scoffed. "Anyway, your roses to Roman? You were spamming me with keyboard smashing at like, 4 AM!"

Virgil, genuinely, said, "It went amazing."