♡ 27 - hurt ♡

Virgil tried to picture himself with anyone else. Him kissing Patton. Him kissing Logan, the sassy director. Even him kissing Roman, for God's sakes.

He would never date Roman.

He was going crazy. Imagining anyone but Declan made him dizzy. He could hear Declan's voice yelling, "Don't fucking talk to him!" in the back of his mind when he thought about Roman.

The time when Roman held both his hands to comfort him about Declan and Virgil felt something? When it made his heart soar? When it seemed like Roman was about to kiss him?

Yeah, what the fuck was that about?

Did Roman like him like that?

The thought terrified him, but he shivered in horror at the same time as feeling a warm fuzzy feeling throughout his body.

He shook his head.

It would take a while to want another relationship. And he didn't even want to be with Roman. Just... He wanted to wait.

He wanted everything to slow down. Because if it was slower, maybe Virgil could have saved Declan.

He took a deep breath. Being an actor with anxiety disorder wasn't the easiest thing ever, but Virgil took care of himself. He almost gave in and let his understudy go out that night, but he didn't.

He unbuttoned halfway down the mint green shirt and let his hair stay the same but with some tame flyaways. He remembered Declan telling him he looked hot like that and he blushed.

On top of the shirt, he put on his Jewish costume thing (a/n: im not jewish idk) over his other costume and headed out for the opening number, Four Jews In A Room Bitching.

It was the most fun part of the whole show, since making out with Declan during Love is Blind wasn't an option anymore, and it prepared him for the next two hours of pure heartbreak for him and the audience.

Sweating slightly, he took off his wig and hat and coat, and put on a royal blue jacket over his buttoned down mint green shirt.

Next to him was Roman pulling his diamond vest on over his head and fixing his hair, smoothing it to perfection.

They made eye contact and grinned at each other.

"Are you doing okay? It takes balls to go on, especially in your situation..." Roman whispered.

Virgil nodded and they traded reassuring smiles, and their dressing room got the red signal to run onstage again.