♡ 20 - finally ♡

(a/n: listen to the song above. it's the song declan has to sing to virgil. also it's a fucking good song soooo)

Virgil, with his eyes closed and pretending to be asleep, leaned against Declan awkwardly, but forced himself to ease up.

Oh, yeah, they were both only wearing underwear for this song. So... great.

Declan lightly rubbed his back as he sang with his smooth, gorgeous voice.

But it's hard to perform a scene like this with someone you're planning on breaking up with after the show.

And this time, Virgil was sure of it. Maybe.

How many times would he make this same promise and break it again?

While he was thinking, the song ended and he threw another costume on; his raquetball costume.

Valerie came out and sang Something Bad Is Happening.

"Marvin" and "Whizzer" went back on.

This was when Whizzer was... finding out he has aids.

This is a fun show, Virgil laughed to himself.

His jaw almost dropped in pure horror when he heard a young child sobbing in the audience, but he was too busy pretending to be sleeping again, this time in a hospital bed.

Please don't let a kid that young see this show, oh my God! he wanted to yell.

After it was over and the cast went downstage to take their bows, Virgil was completely drained from crying during the last third of the show.

Still, he didn't forget the promise he made to himself (again).

Today.

I know it's today.

Well, shit.

Virgil went home and contemplated his stupidity.

Leave a voicemail.

Just leave a voicemail.

If he's crying, you won't have to see it and regret all your life choices. Again.

He shakily picked up his phone and pressed start. He could do this.

Everything will be alright.

He gulped. "Hey Declan... Today's show was pretty great, huh? Uh, I wanted to send you this voicemail because... I need to talk. I know I always say that and then say nevermind afterward, but this time, I'm not going to back out. But just know, I love you. A lot... But this isn't going to work and I don't like the way you... treat me? I mean, I know you have reasons! And I'm sorry! But, uh, I j- I just don't want to keep going. And again, I'm so sorry, but we need to break up. We can still be friends, right? Because I love you a lot! Yeah, I'm sorry, again. Bye."

He rambled a lot. Awesome.

Sending it before he could think too much, he felt the worst he had ever felt in his life.

An hour passed and he got no response.

Two more hours passed and he got no response.

At 1 am, he checked again.

The voicemail had been opened.

At 3 am, still no response.

He went to sleep.

At 7 am, he desperately prayed for something. Anything.

Nothing.