♡ 13 - ask me if i love him ♡

Virgil threw on his brown leather jacket the next morning and drove to rehearsal. He played the Falsettos album in his car, but didn't hum along.

"Ask me if I love him, it depends on the day. These are the games I play."

He turned it off and continued driving, hearing only the fire alarm screeching in his head where he felt burning rage.

Roman watched Virgil arrive and lazily throw his bag to the side where the others were. He watched as the boy gulped down almost an entire cup of coffee.

"Hey... uh, you okay?" he asked awkwardly.

Virgil stared at the floor for a moment, then nodded.

"I mean, are you sure? You can always talk to me. I'd be happy to listen."

Please talk to me. I love your voice, the older thought.

Virgil finally made eye contact with Roman. "I'm sorry. I don't- don't want to burden you. You don't have to listen to me. Ha, this isn't a therapy session, is it? It's rehearsal for a Broadway show."

"Well, if you want, we can talk after. I care about you. A lot."

"Why should you? We aren't that close, and I'm just an attention whore," the teenager spat.

Roman furrowed his brows. "Why would you think that?"

"Everyone tells me so."

"Everyone?"

"Some people tell me so."

"Some?"

"A few."

"You sure? Because then they're wrong."

"One person."

"Huh. And, who could that be?" Roman had suspicions and he waited for them to be correct.

Virgil scoffed and stood up. "Yeah, whatever, not like it mat-"

Declan walked in, set his bag down next to Virgil's, and softly kissed his head.

"What the fuck, dude?" the younger asked. He sighed and sat back down next to Roman.

Declan pushed Virgil back against the wall and pushed his lips onto his boyfriend's roughly, and Virgil had nowhere to go and when he shoved, he ended up kissing back.

Roman got up, aggravated and sat with the girl playing Cordelia, who he didn't know too well.

"Okay, you two! Save the making out for the show!" Logan shouted. "Time to start! Try to be professional, assholes!"

The guy was sick of Declan's shit. To everyone else, he was kind to, but Declan was a handful. He wasn't even mad at Virgil. He sensed something off with their relationship, just as Roman did.

Virgil, dark under eye circles and all, scowled at his boyfriend and got into his place, sitting on a block on the other side of the room from him.

The music played and Declan stood and sang. "But I don't have a lover anymore." He looked at Virgil like he was supposed to, but instead of grimacing, he smirked.

Suddenly, the music stopped and Logan yelled, "Declan, I don't give a shit about your relationship! You keep fucking around, and you'll lose this job. Understood?"

Valerie and Hellen, playing the lesbians from next door, snickered at Declan. Roman held in his laughter, but made sure Declan saw him flip him off. Suddenly, everyone looked at Virgil and there was silence.

"Yeah, De. Be more professional," the teenager said, stone faced.

Logan smiled at the boy. "Let's continue now, shall we?"