♡ 40 - he loves you ♡

(a/n: i saw an opportunity for a tiny mcpriceley cameo,, and i took it

also! this, along with two other chapters have been prewritten because while im posting them today when you're seeing them, i'll be on an airplane going to london aaaa! i did have more than 3 chapters prewritten but i didn't like one of them and i merged a couple and got rid of some things i realized were just annoying. idk if ill be able to write in london so i hope these three chapters make up for the time ill be away!)

Roman walked into Starbucks the next morning during Patton's shift. There was a long line, so while he waited, he watched the other people in the shop.

He grinned when he saw two of the teenagers from that show where they gave flowers to Virgil. He stepped out of line, letting the people behind him take his place, and practically ran to them.

"You are such a fucking moron, Kev." the redhead said.

"I'm fucking royalty, excuse you!" the brunette retorted. "Why else would you be dating me, McKinley?"

The redhead's eyes flickered towards Roman and his jaw dropped. "Roman Ferrante is right there looking at us."

Kevin turned around. "Fuck." He turned back to his boyfriend. "Connor, talk to him for me. If Virgil doesn't want him, I do."

"Excuse me, but you asked me out!"

Roman laughed. "Hi! I recognized you two and I was just coming around to meet you. Kevin and Connor, right?"

"That's us. How old are you?" Kevin asked.

"I'm 21. Why?"

"Damnit. I'm 17, so I'm not legal yet."

Connor glared at Kevin, but not seriously. "FBI, opens up!"

They talked for about ten more minutes and each took turns taking pictures with Roman. Roman also followed them both on Twitter before saying goodbye and walking over to Patton.

The line was shortening, so he could wait.

"Roman!" Patton greeted him warmly. "What can I get for you?"

"One Java Chip Frapp. Oh, and can I talk to you? It's about Virgil." He paid for the drink.

"Yeah, of course!" Patton said, typing in his order and moving down to the other side of the counter, letting someone else take the place of the cashier. He gestured for Roman to come with him and they stood with the counter between them as Patton waited for drinks to come to give out.

"Before you say anything," Patton said, "I heard you fainted backstage. I hope you're doing better."

"I am, thank you!" he lied.

"So, what was it you were saying about Virgil?"

"Well, it-"

"Hold on. Sorry!" Patton read off two cups of hot chocolate. "Connor and Dumbass?"

Connor thanked him, took the hot chocolate, and left the store, walking beside his offended boyfriend.

"Okay, continue," Patton told Roman.

"I don't know if Virgil told you already. But I told him I love him because I'm an idiot and then soon later he accidentally told me he loves me but I need to know that he's okay. I don't want him avoiding me, but I don't want to force him into something he's not ready for. Do you think you could talk to him for me? I know it's a dumb favor and I should be able to do it myself, but... I just don't know if he really loves me."