♡ 39 - sides ♡

*tw: mention of death and 9/11*

Roman drove as carefully as he could, his hands still shaking. When he finally made it to his apartment, he flopped down on the couch.

Remy came out from his room. "Have you seen my phone? There's some dumb bitch I need to block before- oh. You alright?"

Roman shrugged. "Splendid."

Remy gulped. He never really knew how to comfort people... "One sec." He reached into the cupboard and pulled out a bottle of white wine and a bottle of whiskey. "Are you feeling sad or are you feeling like you want to bury yourself alive?"

Roman shrugged yet again.

"Well, fuck." He took a glass and poured both drinks in, swishing the concoction slightly before offering it to Roman. "Talk."

After taking a sip, Roman sighed. "I passed out during intermission today, which is just beyond embarrassing, and we had to halt the show. Then Virgil confessed his love back to me but said he couldn't be in a relationship, and I miss my dad."

He was open about his family issues with Remy; he always had been. They were always in it together.

Remy put his hand out and stroked Roman's hair in a completely un-Remy-like fashion. "Do you want to go visit the cemetery together?"

Roman nodded slowly and took another sip. He leaned into Remy's touch and let himself relax a little.

"It's really weird being nice for more than ten seconds at a time, but I make an exception for you," Remy joked. "So, when do you want to go visit?"

"Logan said I can take tomorrow off to recover, so how about then?"

"Sick. Now you try to rest, okay? We can't have two depressed shits in one apartment." He laughed.

Roman nodded again and chuckled. "I'm sick, but kicking."

Before he could move, Remy had already microwaved a cup of milk which he'd make into hot chocolate for his roommate.

"I love you," Roman said, beaming, putting his alcohol on the coffee table.

His roommate finished making the hot chocolate and gave it to him. Rolling his eyes, he replied, "Love you too, you fucking nerd."

"Why'd you give me two drinks?"

"Didn't know which way you'd rather fall asleep."

Here Lies
Julien Ferrante
Loving husband & father
March 18, 1969 - September 11, 2001

Roman put his head on Remy's shoulder. It was his free day and as soon as he came back from the cemetery, he wondered if he made a mistake going in the first place.

He turned on his phone to check his Instagram. He wondered how frustrated everyone must be with him.

Remy snatched the phone out of his hands and flung it to the side.

"I was checking the time," Roman lied.

"Wear a watch. Don't look at your phone right now. Social media is a sad, dumb thing."

"But you-"

"I know I'm a hypocrite. Shut the fuck up. You don't need Instagram right now. It'll make you feel worse. I would know; I'm on social media all the time and I constantly feel like shit."

Roman groaned.

"Can I distract you with pizza?"

Roman's face lit up.

"Cool. I'll order one now."

The actor let out a short, defeated exhale. If only Virgil could meet his parents. If only Virgil loved him.

"At least I have you," Roman said, not meaning to say it out loud.

Remy hung up the call and smirked. "I've been helping people set their standards low since 1997."