♡ 29 - nicky asks kindly that you don't murder her ♡

(a/n: y'all are gonna flip the fuck out and maybe kill me because i pulled this shit back in the first fourth of 'conversations' but this time i sWear nothing you don't want is actually going to come from this)

Virgil was at Patton's apartment. They sat in half comfortable, half not-so-much silence. Patton was sipping a glass of white wine which he didn't bother offering Virgil because they cared about the law.

Virgil was completely touch starved and all he wanted to do was kiss someone and be held until he fell asleep in his arms. Of course, the nearest person to him was Patton so he couldn't do that.

"Patton?"

"Hm?"

"What would you do if I kissed you right now?"

"I'd kiss you back."

Virgil looked at Patton with slight shock. "Why?"

"I mean," Patton replied, shrugging, "I don't like you in that way. But if it's platonic and makes you feel better, then I'd totally understand. I want to do everything to help you. Plus, my friend from high school used to kiss me platonically when I felt super lonely after I broke up with my boyfriend. We never had feelings for each other, though. Well, my friend never had feelings for anyone, so it worked."

Virgil looked ahead at the wall. "Huh."

"Sounds weird to a lot of people, but it was normal for me and him. We never ended up dating or whatever. He just wanted to be there for me."

"So..." Virgil took Patton's arm slowly and gently, putting it around his shoulders. He leaned his head on the older man's chest, listening to his heart beating. "What about that guy?"

"His name's Logan. I don't really know what he's been up to recently. We kind of lost touch in the middle of college because he wanted to be a doctor for so long but found a passion in directing movies and shows, so he was learning two super different things at once and he got really busy."

Virgil chuckled quietly. He tried to picture his director, Logan Decker, kissing and comforting someone. It was a strange thought to see someone so snarky and cold and blunt doing such things.

Patton smiled. "Why are you laughing?"

"Well my director slash lighting guy slash basically every other job backstage is named Logan and he's super brutally honest and bossy. So like, it was weird to think about that guy kissing someone as happy and bubbly as you."

The older man's eyes lit up. "Logan had a lot of different sides. And he was always brutally honest and a little bossy. He loved me, platonically of course, and all his other friends. He would get extremely soft then."

"Huh."

"Logan Taylor?"

"Huh?"

"Is your director's name Logan Taylor?"

Virgil finally understood. "...Yes."

"Oh my God."

"Oh my God."

They looked at each other, stunned. Virgil looked away first, straight at the wall again. Patton put his index finger under his chin and turned his face back to his.

"Why did you ask me what I'd do if you kissed me?" he asked.

Virgil blushed. "I-I guess I'm just lonely. After the incident. You don't have to kiss me platonically or whatever the fuck happened between you and Logan, I just don't want to be alone and hugs will do. Can you sleep with me?"

Patton blinked a couple of times. "Sleep with you? Virgil, a kiss is fine if it makes you feel better but you're 19 and I wouldn't want you to make this decision so soo-"

"Not like that! You know what I mean!" Virgil laughed nervously. "You're like, my best friend."

"Who says you can't sleep with your best friend?" Patton joked, raising an eyebrow.

Virgil stopped laughing. "What are you implying?"

Patton nearly choked on his wine. "I meant Roman."

"Yeah, well..." The younger one let out a short breath. "He's not my best friend."

"Of course I'll sleep next to you. And I'll bake you cookies and give you juice because you're not allowed to have alcohol yet." He lifted Virgil effortlessly off the couch and tucked him into bed.

He set the glass on the nightstand. The subtle smell filled the room, but Virgil soon found it calming. Patton laid down next to him and, inching closer, kissed him.

Virgil put his hand on Patton's cheek. He was a little surprised Patton followed through with it, but then again, it was Patton. He would probably do anything unless it was mean or illegal.

It was a short lived kiss, but Virgil appreciated it and he wrapped himself in Patton's arms. He'd been craving something like this for what felt like an eternity. The taste of white wine and milk chocolate coated his lips.

"Good night, best friend," Patton said, giggling. He turned off the light.

"Night, best friend."