♡ 2 - suddenly seymour ♡

(a/n: aye that little shop of horrors pun tho)

They were all in the same large room the next day and were going to take less than three hours to learn a dance.

Virgil didn't consider himself a dancer at all, but he wasn't bad at it and he survived.

Roman, who Virgil took notice and was extremely jealous of, was absolutely ecstatic. He was a definite triple threat, and the other men saw him and had a look of "oh shit," and knew they wouldn't stand a chance.

They were told the 2019 revival had even more dancing than the 2016 revival.

After they were done learning, they took a break. They'd be back that night for the dance audition.

A tall man who was auditioning for Marvin handed a bottle of water to Virgil.

"Oh, you don't- like- have to," Virgil said.

"No worries! I had an extra and you look like you need it. First audition?"

"Not my first, but my first for Broadway. It's so... weird. But insanely cool. I'm just feeling kinda pressured because I'm younger than everyone else and I'm not much of a dancer." He laughed nervously.

"Oh? How old are you?"

"I'm, um, I'm 19."

"Oh, wow! You are young!" the 22 year old exclaimed. "This is such a great opportunity for you."

Virgil scratched the back of his neck. "Yep."

The man handed him the bottle, and this time, Virgil took it and took a couple of gulps.

"Thanks," he said.

"No problem. Anyway, what's your name?"

"I'm Virgil Cassidy... You?"

"The name's Declan Seymour."

Virgil finally decided to make eye contact with his new acquaintance and noticed the man's eyes were greenish-yellow. "Are you wearing contacts?"

Virgil! You just insulted this guy's eye color!

Declan smiled warmly. "Nah. I'm not really sure why my eyes are like this, since I never saw anyone else with this color, but at least everybody can tell me apart from my brother!"

Virgil started to loosen up and noticed how insanely hot this guy was. "It's awesome."

"Thanks!"

"Wait, what happened there?" Virgil asked, pointing to the scar on Declan's cheek.

"Oh, I got into a fight during college. Thank God I graduated. I hated it there."

"You look like a total badass, though."

Declan grinned and was about to respond but his phone began to ring. He mouthed an apology and picked up. "Hey, Patton. Uh huh. Uhhh huh. Yeah, I just finished... Yeah, I'll be home soon... Wait, WHAT? Patton, it's a fucking bowl of ice cream, how did you set it on fire?!..... I'll be there. Oh my God. Call 911!"

Virgil held in his laughter.

"I have to go back to my apartment. My roommate is an idiot. I'll see you tonight!"

"Yeah! Yeah, I'll see you."

Virgil almost couldn't ignore the faint feeling of fluttering in his chest.