♡ 30 - love is blind ♡

So he said he'd text but he didn't. That's okay. It's okay. He left with Patton and Patton makes him happy and that's all I want.

Is it all I want?

He woke up at 4 am with a searing headache. He heard the lock of the door turn loudly and he gasped. He knew Remy wasn't in New York, he was with his band, so who else would it be?

The door opened with a slight but still audible creak.

He sucked in a breath, careful to stay completely silent. He reached for his phone and kept 911 on dial.

"Careful, you're gonna wake him up," someone whispered.

"Yeah, shut the fuck up, Remy," someone else added on.

Remy?

He got out of bed, his head still aching, and he struggled to stay on his feet, but he kept moving forward.

Finally, he saw two guys and a girl in the living room. One was Remy, the tallest was named Aimee, and the third was a guy who Roman didn't remember the name of.

"Remy? I thought you weren't coming back for a few weeks," Roman said. He drank some cold water and took some Advil from the cabinet while Remy explained.

"We came back early." Remy shrugged. "This dumbass bitch Connor right here broke his wrist and he's the drummer."

Roman looked at the third member with sympathy. So the third one's name was Connor.

"Don't worry," Connor said. "I'm always comforted by the fact that this dumbass little cunt right here," he gestured to Remy, "had a voice crack when he was singing one night and he sounded like a fucking donkey."

Aimee snickered, but she stayed quiet. Out of the three, she was the most timid unless you were a close friend, which Roman was not.

Roman laughed, but even that sent a shock of pain into his head and he yelped. "It's great you're back and all, Rem. But I've got a killer headache and it's almost as severe as Whizzer and Marvin's sexual tension in the baseball game. If you're gonna stay up, just quiet down."

"Cool." Remy aimed finger guns at Roman. "Night."

"Night."

"Sorry I didn't text last night like I said I would," Virgil said shyly. "I got, uh, busy."

"With what?" Roman asked. There wasn't any jealousy or anger, just curiosity.

"I was with Patton," he replied. "He was teaching me how to pay bills and survive as an adult without too much coffee."

And that was true, but he left out the part where he asked a question which turned into a whole other topic which turned into a whole other situation that Roman didn't really need to know about.

"Huh. Remy wouldn't be able to last an hour without coffee," Roman laughed.

Virgil smiled. "I used to drink a lot of it, but I stopped because now I stress eat cereal to stay alive."

"Virgil!" they heard Patton call from down the street. "I'm here! And I bought you something and it's in the ca-"

He suddenly stopped talking. Virgil and Roman looked to see why.

"Logan Decker?" Patton asked a man walking by with a bag flung over his right shoulder who was pushing up his glasses.

Logan almost tripped when he heard Patton's voice. "Patton?!"

Virgil grinned, and Roman was still confused.

"I should go," Virgil said. "See you tomorrow when you pretend to mourn over my death for other people's entertainment again."

"Bye, love." It had slipped out. No one had made Roman this nervous, and something like that could roll off his tongue easily and he would feel amazing, but this time, it felt strange. It felt real.

Virgil blushed and just waved before turning around and walking towards Patton and Logan, who were exchanging contact information before saying goodbye.

Patton beamed. "I can't believe it!" His eyes sparkled.

"Me neither," the teenager laughed. "Speaking of dudes, can I talk to you about Roman?"

"Sure! Get in first though."

They got into Patton's car and Patton turned the key to start the engine. "So what's up?"