CHAPTER 2

Few months later.......

Ummu Maryam got used to many people in the neighborhood, she was once working class but now a stay home mother. Alhaji Ali works in Ibadan so he only comes back for holiday for a few days. She handles all the household activities on her own,even though she is always at home,she hasn't joined the "latest" click,she respects herself in her own home. Ummu Sulaim is the only closest neighbour she has because they are next door neighbours and also Alhaji Ali has entrusted his family to Abu Sulaim in case of any eventuality where a man might be needed since he isn't always home.

Abu Sulaim's Residence🏘🏘

"He is a very kind man,I need to ask him Favor's since I can see that he is doing well" Abu Sulaim said...

"Yes so is his wife" Ummu Sulaim added...

"if we maintain a good relationship with them I know we're going to gain a lot" he said..

"Yes we will,can you imagine that we haven't known each other for long but I've started receiving nice gifts from her!!"she exclaimed....

"MashaaAllah,that means we're on the right track"...he added while smiling.....

Malam Hamza also known as Abu Sulaim is a tailor, he is married to Halima also known as Ummu Sulaim they have three kids Sulaim the eldest followed by Aslam, Azeeza and then Iklimah.... They're also a lovely family, they're the first settlers of the community as such they know almost all that's going on there.

"Please serve my dinner" Abu Sulaim ordered..

"it isn't ready yet" Ummu Sulaim said.

" What?,haba! it's already after eight"he screamed taking a glance at the wall clock..

"Yes I went to our neighbour Zahra's house" She answered.

" What for?" He asked "Wait not that first,have the kids eaten" he asked again.

"No they haven't, don't worry it will be ready soon" she answered.

" Why are you doing this to me Halima? Why are you always going out? You never seek my permission before going out,don't you know that it has been reported from the prophet(PBUH) that 'A woman who leaves her home without her husband's permission is being cursed by the angels until she returns' then..."

"Enough of all this lecture please,is it because of food that you're ranting? OK enough of all these, I told you times without number that I don't like being preached about issues like this,so case closed" she said shouting and walked out on him..

Abu Sulaim stood there with eyes wide open like a statue"hmm this woman will not kill me,don't I have the right to correct her when she's wrong? OK I pray Allah makes her understand ".. He prayed..

Before Ummu Sulaim finished the cooking, the kids were already asleep,Abu Sulaim wasn't happy about it but couldn't say anything, he didn't eat the food either.. Ummu Sulaim didn't mind at all because she claims it wasn't her fault,everyone minded his own business that night.....

At dawn....

"Halima wake up,its time for fajr,wake these kids,I'll be going to the mosque with Aslam and Sulaim" He said before leaving..

"OK" she answered..

Shortly after he left she went to the girls room and woke them up afterwards she went and prayed too. She then later moved to the kitchen to prepare breakfast as the kids have to go to school and their father is going to work. The children took their bath got dressed and picked their bags to the sitting room...

7:00am

"Mummy we're ready where's our breakfast? The kids asked..

" It will be served soon,just wait for a moment" she hurriedly picked the tray from its rack,she set the tea cups along with the yam she fried and made her way to the sitting room...

"Good morning,here's your breakfast,rush before you get late for school"..." Morning Mummy, thank you" the kids replied.

As Abu Sulaim entered the sitting room he asked "ain't you ready yet,you know you'll be late if you stay longer".." Good morning daddy,we just finished and we're good to go" the kids answered.."morning, wait for me in the car then" he said.

Ummu Sulaim came out and said.
" Dear,good morning".."morning " he answered shortly.. "Ain't you taking breakfast before leaving?" She asked " No,the kids will be late if I stay longer,don't mind" he said and left.

Ummu Sulaim noticed that he was angry so she tried her best not to go out that day.

Later that day....

"Hajiya believe me she's not a good person, she always takes advantage of people" the woman said.

" Don't you know that what you're doing is wrong " Ummu Maryam said," The prophet (PBUH) said: 'He who believes in Allah and the last day should either say good or keep quiet' and you're here saying ill about her". She added..

" I'm just warning you so she doesn't hurt you because you're a very good woman" the woman said again..

"OK thank you" Ummu Maryam said..

"Alright I'll be leaving now" the woman said..
"OK my regards to your family please" Ummu Maryam said smiling.....

"Fahm!" Ummu Maryam called out.

"Yes Mummy"..." Please come" Ummu Maryam said.

"I'm here mum" Fahma said. "This woman that just came in was cautioning me about my closeness with Ummu Sulaim" Ummu Maryam said..

"Don't mind her mum,have you forgotten that you made me understand that she's a nice woman" Fahma said again..

"Yes, I pray they get to understand her too" Ummu Maryam added..

"Ameen,but why is it that these women don't visit people except in the evening,isn't that wrong of a married woman " Fahma asked.

"Yes it is,but you know their ideology is different from ours,so let's just keep praying for them" Ummu Maryam said before she stood up.."let's go to the kitchen and make arrangements for dinner before it's late" She added..

"OK mum" Fahma said and held her mother's hand as they walked towards the kitchen.

Don't forget to;
Vote⭐and comment 💌pls.
Show some love pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeee.....

Next chapter loading........