CHAPTER 7

TWO DAYS LATER....

Zainab was already back to her brother's house....

"Zee who was that guy I saw sitting next to you guys at the party day before  yesterday" Ummu Sulaim asked
A short silence followed before Zee answered shortly..

"Oh!Mr.Humdrum".

"Humdrum!! What sort of a name is that" she asked full of amazement.

"Yeah. He is" Zee answered raising one of her brows up before looking away. Ummu Sulaim continued thinking on what Zee just said before she went into the kitchen to check the food that was on fire.. When she was back she asked again but Zee fired at her..

"Ummu what's wrong with you?? Why do you want to know everything? Mind you I didn't come here to be your friend, so mind your business".Zee said to her.

'Zee Zee i'm so sorry,I was just concerned as I thought you've found another cute guy,it will be of great pride for you to have such a guy as a husband as he looks the best" Ummu Sulaim said with a smile.

"Hmmm OK,he wasn't there for me,rather for her and you know what? I don't care because he is the most boring guy I've ever met in my life"she said angrily.

"Besides, why am I even angry? When he doesn't even compliment a lady at first sight..I just find this whole scenario dull,after all she's the boring type too so I think 'match made in heaven'she qouted and laughed mischievously.

"But I don't think you studied him well as I think otherwise of him,don't take chances.." Ummu Sulaim tried to warn.

"Chances? Please get over this whole issue, he's not my type Final" she  concluded.

'Oook, I surrender' Ummu Sulaim replied an then they started a completely new conversation.

Later in the day,Zee went to Fahma's house to check out how she was doing as she hasn't heard from her since after the wedding...

On Fahma's side,she's been so busy as she has resumed school this same day and she had to go through registration process quickly so that she can get over the stress before lectures begin...luckily,she was able to finish it up.

As she lay on the prayer mat in her room thinking the unknown,Zee entered the room and called out her name but she was all carried away..

After a little silence all that could be heard in the room was 'Yaa Subhanallah' then a pause.. Zainab jumped on her back hardly since she was nowhere to be found..I mean her mind was lost...

With a teary eye fahma cried,

"Zee what if you broke my back? You know it hurts"..." Then yours will be mended with mine" Zee said with a  chuckle...

"What were you thinking about?" She asked.."School" Fahma answered shortly.

"OK all the best dear,you know I'm not interested"Zee said nonchalantly...

"Who said you do..."Fahma shrugged.

"Oh sorry I didn't ask,how's the bride and when did you come back? " Fahma asked changing the topic.

"Yesterday and she's fine, I just came to see how you were doing and thank you again for making it there even though you weren't a fan"Zee said.

" Silly girl,don't thank me,as you can see am going half crazy even before the semester starts"Fahma said pouting her lips.."Don't worry you'll scale through"Zee consoled...

Fahma suddenly sat up like she had remembered something and said sharply "Wjy not join me?".. " What!!!! Noo,girl am out of here"Zee screamed..

They continued arguing for a long time before they reached a conclusion that Zee will join Fahma's Islamic school...

"Do you know what? I found another boyfriend that night"Zee said happily." Wow!! Am very happy for you,hope he's the Malikul qalb(king of heart) now"Fahma asked jokingly..

"Ummm...don't know yet but he's just too cute and rich as well".." I'll be leaving now so no preaching." She stated and waved at her.. Fahma being amused from the beginning didn't utter a word until when Zee waved bye before she replied and headed towards her wardrobe to pick the cloth to wear after bathing....

                           *******

" Safwa let's go to the library and check out some books"Fahma suggested..

"Fahma I need no guide I'll just check it out later"Safwa replied.

"OK see yaahhh"Fahma waved and walked to the library alone.

On her way in,she mistakenly ran into someone." A'udhu billah(I seek refuge from Allah)"she said full of regret."I'm very sorry "she added embarrassed and made her way in.

Along the way she kept reciting different supplications as she wasn't at ease since it happened... The guy stood transfixed staring at her with full admiration before he exited the library.

She couldn't figure out why her heart kept pounding. Even after a long time, she couldn't concentrate. Therefore, she left the library and went home as she was done for the day.

"What was I thinking? Why am I anxious? I pray I didn't just get in contact with a jinn" she prayed.

"Mum i'm not okay, I feel odd" she complained to her mum at night.

"Yeah,I've noticed that because you were acting so weird since when you came back from school" her mum related.

"Yes mum,on my way to the library I ran into someone mistakenly and since then I've not been myself,I just hope he is human" She said again."Ofcourse he is,maybe you just were tensed as of the time it happened, just pray and rest,inshaaAllah you'll be fine"her mum assured.. "OK thank you mum,I love you" She said with a smile."I love you too habibty"her mum smiled back.

Zainab joined the Islamic school and in no time many changes have been made and as for her new guy, they were doing so good. Ummu Sulaim has been complying to her rules since when this new guy came into the picture.

Amrah  gained admission into the university to study Human physiology,she was really enjoying the course.

Hasna was making it to senior secondary two.

Sulaim was resitting the jamb exams with his junior school mates soon.

Maryam  sitting for the junior waec exams ,

And Adnan was moving to the next class too.

Fahma was rounding up the session soon and the final lap was next..

Abu and Ummu Maryam made a lot of progress as well and they were very proud of their children's success too.

Ummu Maryam helped Ummu Sulaim and her family too. Even Abu Sulaim's family were not left out...

Zee's wedding was around the corner...

"Latest" kept blossoming as many new  neighbours joined the neighborhood and they were of the same feather.."birds" I say.....

Many have moved on within this short period of time.......

Hmmm....so much has changed..that's life but where's jabir?who is jabir?
We get to know in the future..
Keep calm...
Vote⭐ comment💌and more reads👁plsssssss.........
I love you💖💖💖💖💝💝