Chapter28

"Maturity doesn't lie in figures but rather in the capability of the heart.."
-MShehooo💖💖💝..

"Ya Salaam!!" She uttered in a panic tone.

Still smiling he winked at her.

All her metabolic activities stopped. She checked to see if the standing fan was on because she felt the movement of sweat down her face from her forehead. She closed her eyes and opened them again but still the reality stood in front of her. While she tried to clear the confusion in her mind, while she tried to believe who she saw, while she tried to believe where she saw the smile and while she was trying to figure out if truly he was the one she accepted without seeing first,he continuously smiled at her. His eyes twinkling what she doesn't know. She started regretting her decision.

"It's too late,I can't disappoint them. It's my long lasting dream but how do I accept him?" She thought chewing on her lower lip gently..

"I know you're surprised. Right from the start I knew you will be but what do I do!!. My heart couldn't resist thinking about you. My head couldn't let you out of it. My mind revolves around you. My eyes couldn't resist not seeing you. All of me was becoming you. What more do you think I should do? Meet your elders as Islam prescribed. Please don't punish me for meeting them first because times have changed, you girls prefer being approached first but my religion still remains the same. I have no other intention than making you mine forever. Please consider me" he said all this softly, his head slightly bowed down. She listened carefully but didn't say a word after his speech. Tears started rolling down her cheeks but she wiped it off bringing back the strength in her. He looked up to see if she was still there for the silence seems endless to him when she lifted her head up too and their eyes locked up coincidentally. Each turning away immediately. Fahma is the  shy type and meeting a shy person like her made her feel awkward.

"I am very sorry if I hurt you in any way. Maybe I'll go and withdraw my proposal if it will make you happy" he stated again..

What she couldn't figure out was why He? of all people. A person she never thought looked at her with any motive. A person whose smile was rare. All these were Fahma's thought but at the same time her Father was OK with him,they've already worked towards fulfilling their oath,they're making her dream come true. 

"At least take a sip" she stated softly motioning at the drink in front of him. And he was very delighted. He did as she said and instantly,he knew he was in the safe region.

"Thank you. Jazakillahu khairan". He prayed.

"Ameen" she cooed admiringly.

"It's getting late. Goodnight" she added.

"Alright goodnight. I'll get going too" he said happily.

"Umhm" she mumbled with a nod,stood up and walked to the walkway leading to their section while he sat there smiling. He left after saying goodbye to her father.

Her younger ones peeped through the door to see and also hear their conversation when she went in to meet him. That didn't go unnoticed to her. She didn't sleep early that night, battling with thoughts of either voicing out her opinion to her parents or going with the flow. She only murmured a goodnight to her parents that night,not even the usual gist session after their daily Tilawah was conducted.

To her parents, she was shy. To her siblings,she was avoiding questions and to her thoughts,she was confused.

The next day after their breakfast,her parents called her to their room and asked whether she was fine with the person she met and she didn't answer. They got confused and asked whether they was something wrong about him but still she was silent. After some minutes she ran to her room in tears,she cried her heart out. Amrah tried all she could to calm her down but to no avail.

"Fahm what's wrong? Please tell me" Amrah insisted.

"Don't they know that I can never go against them,why are they asking for my opinion? I can't answer them. I am very shy,I can't say yes or no but I promise I'll cherish anything they choose for me" she expressed still crying.

"Oww" Amrah muttered forming an "o" with her lips. "Don't tell me you've falling in love" she asked looking at her sister..

"No why are you so shameless" Fahma stated with a pale expression,cracked voice,wiping the tears on her face and thinking of an escape route from the girl who held her captive close to her.

"True or false?" Amrah asked with a stern look while Fahma moved a little from her loosening her sister's grip on her hand and running towards the door while her sister trailed her. Unknowingly she bumped into her mother,before she could say anything. She hugged her tightly.

"Indeed you are a blessing habibty, why didn't you tell me that you were shy. You know I wouldn't have allowed your father to ask you"..

" so she heard!!"Fahma thought.

"Never allow this tears to roll down again, OK?" She said lovingly.

"Yes mum" Fahma stated and hugged her tightly too.

"Mum it's a lie,I think she has fallen in love" Amrah stated gaining attention from them both.

"You shameless being better act womanly" her mother teased and she frowned while Fahma stuck her tongue out at her.

*********
"Get ready you'll be leaving for Abu Dhabi next week" a man spoke.

"Why?" Jabir asked.

"Our company is having a new project to work on near the coast and it requires expertise. During our last meeting with the board of directors,the vote fell on you because everyone has full confidence that you will go beyond expectation" the man stated.

"The branch there have been alerted about your coming. The work is to be concluded in three months time. Your accommodation, expenses and necessary needs will be taking care of. Your flight is scheduled to take place next week Thursday by then I believe you're done with your exams" the man added.

"How about Fahma?" Jabir asked unknowingly.

"Who?" The man asked confused.

"Sorry it was a mistake" he stated biting on his tongue.

"OK get set and all the best sir"

"Thank you".. Jabir stated not really looking happy.

******
" I can't stand not seeing her for three months. How I wish we're going together "Jabir stated after narrating what has happened at work to him.

" Then just get married to her before going "Saeed teased.

" I wish that was possible "he stated in disappointment.

"The best I pray for you man. Go do the work so that she will proudly call you hers" Saeed joked again.

"OK" Jabir said.

********
"Fahm are you serious?" Safwa asked.

"Do I have a reason to joke about it?" She asked back.

"But  how comes? What was your reaction? What did you tell Mummy and Daddy? How ar-" Safwa kept asking but got interrupted by Fahma

"As earlier stated, I'll never go against their wish. They like him then what else do I have to say. Its done"

"What!!" Safwa exclaimed. "Fahm but-"

"No buts dear it's a Yes" Fahma assured."let's talk arrangements what else do you want?"

"Nothing more" Safwa stated.

"Good. A week to your wedding, five days to rounding up our exams and we're good to go"Fahma stated happily. While Safwa pouted.

Work calls Jabir..
Is jabir a shy person??🤔🤔
Well!!!

A week to Safee's wedding💃💃💃💃💃💃..

And maybe maybe Fahma soonest😂😂😂😂.{Shy Shy husband and wife}...

Malak&Adeela you're all invited.

With love💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
-MShehooo💖💖💝