CHAPTER17

"Transforming your instincts to inceptions helps in making you realize where you're going in life"
-MShehooo💖💖💝

Fahma walked to the podium filled with confidence,not even with the slightest fear of how she would face the crowd and this strict supervisor...After she gave a brief background on the organization where she did her Students industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES),she explained different activities they carried out both in the office and on the field. Everyone admired her courage, she buried the shaky voice many had right inside her,she looked beyond the crowed and it was a close to perfect work. After several questions from their IT coordinators and their supervisors,she was close to being asked to leave before the strict supervisor called her attention and there came the "Ohh!!" From her colleagues but even at that she hadn't lost her confidence..

"Miss Fahma Ali Mamman from your technical report,the high-risk analysis stage of the tunnel to be constructed at the country side of the city was very high,that's beyond average and as such the work was subdued to further research why?" He asked.

" Yes I had to supervise that work that day and the steel for that specific tunnel didn't turn out to be of good quality, there was a high risk ranging from 85% and above failure if it's being used,so I withheld that days work and reported to the headquarters for more enquiries " Fahma answered tugging her veil on her neck.

"But didn't you consider the fact that you were just a student there,then why meddle in a professionals activity,what have you even acquired from school to report such a case to experienced engineers, didn't you think that it was more of a challenge?" He asked not looking away from her.

"Yes it was,am sorry we're not speaking government here,but what if I overlooked that mistake and went on with the work? It would have cost the government another fund since it was for a public sector and that would have also affected the budget for something that will benefit the nation at large" she breathed before she continued... " my experience in the field thought me how to fight challenges because they handled the matter carefully and found out that it was the suppliers fault and not theirs ". She said confidently..

"So what next?" He asked again..

"I learnt that in every aspect of my work,I need to consider the environment first" she said gesturing at the people around.

"Hey I think this is turning into a debate" one of the audience sitting close to Safwa said.

"Yes I think so too" she nodded.

"Besides,a new supply was made few days later and after the material passed all the test,we set off to work,it was the best experience ever. I was awarded for that too". She smiled.

" I didn't ask you that,you can go now" he said dryly.

"Thank you" she said and left...

Everyone was impressed with her performance and they all applauded her for that...she heaved a sigh of relief as she sat back in her position and looked at Safwa before she happily uttered "Alhamdulillah, we did it". Safwa smiled giving her a thumbs up before she whispered "you should have seen how fantastic you were up there ".. " oh! Really?" She asked.."yes lovely" Safwa winked....

They watched the other's do theirs with keen interest but the strict man has been a little angry since after his encounter with her... After it was wrapped up rumors had been circulating that she had a debate instead of a defense even before she set to go home,she only grinned showing no interest in saying anything in defense..

As they were walking back to the lobby with Safwa she asked..

"Safee..who was that man?"

"Hey!! You don't know him?" Safwa asked surprisingly.