CHAPTER35

"Sometimes.. Yes! Sometimes.. We don't see the pain we inflict on our closest ones. Rather we look beyond favoring the outsiders"...
-MShehooo💖💖💝.

Since after he was admitted in the hospital, he never went back to his old self. Always thinking. He was advised by the doctors to avoid any circumstance that is stressful as he was diagnosed with Hemicrania and any stress that comes his way might trigger it,increasing the possibility of having Megrim and a Vertigo attack. Even though he has been trying his best,still he wasn't able to convince himself that he has lost.

After Saeed took him to the hospital the day the incident happened, many questions kept arising. None of them was able to detect what was wrong with him and Saeed stood his ground on not knowing why he was in that condition just to avoid chaos among the brothers. And he(Jabir) covered it up with work. Jawaahir who knew what was going on didn't expose him to their parents too because he warned her not to. He prayed endlessly to Allah to relieve his sorrow and free his soul from the cage of solitude it is captured in but still the feeling was getting deeper and stronger.

They lost the bubbly Jabir they once had. Now,they were left with a statue in human form,whom only looks but doesn't blink. Whom only listens but doesn't speak and whose only facial expression is a frown which doesn't curl up into a smile. Struggling with his health condition every now and then. The issue of his marriage was kept aside since when he fell ill, that helped in keeping him in place.

There was a day he was checking his contact list on his phone and suddenly, he came across Fahma's contact. He stared at it for a long time, remembering how,where and when he got it. With a smile he dialed it not knowing what to say when she eventually picks up and after a few rings,she picked the call and made the Tasleem. He didn't say a word rather he felt strings of tears falling on his cheeks. When she hanged up because there was no one speaking, he looked at the phone with regret. He wished that moment where he heard her voice never ended. He wished it could replay itself but he was too late and with that,he planned to suppress his feelings and move on with life. Even though,it wasn't easy..

Fahma travelled to Abuja where she was posted for her NYSC in an engineering firm. Initially, she requested for a redeployment back to Kano,where she lived but her father said it wasn't necessary because he was transferred to Abuja too. So he promised to bring her home every weekend if that was her problem. Safwa who was posted to the same place as Fahma was lucky to have a change of PPA(place of primary assignment) because of her marital status. She always kept in touch with Fahma even after Fahma left for Abuja.

Adapting to the environment wasn't hard for her as her father was always beside her to help her with anything new. Being a civil engineer also,he found passion in guiding her in her work but a month later,the firm posted them to the branch office in Kaduna for a six weeks field work. Her father only dropped her in her uncle's house and returned to Abuja because he had a lot of work to finish up. That was why he didn't stay back with her.

Uncle Cee as they call him is Abu Maryam's elder cousin with a wife and two children. Usman,the eldest then Aisha. Usman is a 27year old who studied civil engineering also in Bahrain university,Sudan. While Aisha is a 22year old studying optometry. He is tall,chocolate in complexion, having a smiling face with a five o'clock shadow on his face and a dimple that contracts at every slight movement of the lips. While Aisha is much fairer than he is,having an oval shaped face with a contagious smile and pointed nose. She is a full representation of a beauty. All of them were happy to see her because they haven't seen each other for a long time and they only visited as Fahma never went visiting anywhere aside from her grandmother's house. Uncle Cee loves Fahma so very much and his wife Aunty Sweet as they call her loves her too. They got those names from Fahma when she was young. Her stay there was very fun even though she missed home. Usman helps her out anytime she is finding it difficult to compile her report. Aisha keeps her company all the time because she is a very chatty person.