CHAPTER 4

The Exams was coming to an end and everyone has been planning on what to do during the vacations. For Fahma it wasn't hard to plan on what to do because her mum already enrolled into catering classes and that was the best for her. Even though she is a great cook she had the intention of improving her skills of making intercontinental dishes,she always said"apart from picking education as an ambition, my hobby can be the best ambition ever " even her dad loves her style he always said;"you actually learnt everything from your mum and that's the best. Your behaviors, choice....I mean you are just her".

Fahma loved it whenever she's being complimented by her dad and truth be told she picked a lot from her mother, that too I admit. Being the eldest she is a true representation of her parents.

  Fahma got along with Ummu Sulaim so very well that she shared most of her past experience with her. Zainab also loves Fahma a lot.Whenever Fahma was at home she spends most of her time with her and her relationship with Fahma really changed her,the only thing lacking is she refused schooling. She always tells Fahma.

"Fahm,I don't think there's something I prefer now other than marriage. I hate school".

And Fahma always says:" Zee nobody is stopping you from getting married but who do you want to marry? None of the one's courting you are willing to marry you. And about education,am not centering on  western education alone your Deen(religion) is also involved. How will you live peacefully in your matrimonial home without a proper knowledge of your religion? How will you give your children the best upbringing? Just think over it,when you decide on going back to Islamic school let me know,so that I collect the form for you from our school". But all in vain she never considered this.

  There was a day they were sent to pick up Ummu Sulaim's children from their Islamic school in the evening. As they were walking,they walked passed some guys, Fahma didn't even notice their presence as she was used to seeing many guys at school but Zainab immediately changed her steps even before reaching them and the guys became attracted to her,all their attention was on them... After they passed them,two of the guys trailed them and they all said"Assalamu Alaikum" to them when they reached where they were,they all answered but Fahma increased her pace because she was in no mood to speak to any of them,Zainab stayed back and started chit chatting with them. Till the time Fahma was coming back with the children from the school,she was still with them. When she reached where Zainab was she asked her." Will it be ok if we leave you behind?" Upon hearing that,Zainab got ashamed and said "no let's go" she exchanged contact with one of them and the guys apologized to Fahma before they left.

They all maintained silence till they reached home,when Ummu Sulaim noticed that she asked them what has happened as they hadn't  left  home  that way but they all said nothing. Such events have happened on many occasions but Fahma never said anything to Zainab about it. Fahma never likes it when a lady behaves that way,it makes her have the impression that she's cheap lady or not chaste,she complained to her mum about it several times but all she always told her was "you are her friend, so make a positive impact on her" she tried making Zee understand but still to no avail. Zainab knew why Fahma has been silent that was why she didn't bother to speak to her too. "After all,its none of her business" she said.

Their exams ended and Fahma has started attending the catering classes, she really enjoys everything about the class as what she desired to learn and more is what is being impacted onto them... Amrah passed her jamb exams and was also at home waiting for admissions into the university,Maryam and the rest were all at school.. Ummu Sulaim's eldest son Sulaim didn't pass his jamb exams, so he has to wait for another year to rewrite the exams before he gets into the university.. He is having no plans for now all he wants is to enjoy his life as he thinks that's the trend now. He stopped attending Islamic school, what baffles his father most is that he got more guts to say or do any nonsense he wishes, he feels he is now a grown up.

Abu Maryam always helps people in the community, he takes care of his daughter's as he says they are fragile and need to be taken care of,just like flowers.

There's an ongoing case in the community that a woman caused a rift in another house which led to the divorce of a wife from the wives of the man. Many blamed the man for acting on what he heard without proper investigation,he accepted his mistake and the elders of the community delegated some people to go and settle the issue so that his wife can come back to her matrimonial home since it was just a single divorce.

Ummu Maryam entered Ummu Sulaim's house in the evening that same day.

"Ummu Sulaim is that how women act in this community? I always heard of different gossips and cases like that but I never thought it will reach the extent of bringing about a divorce". Ummu Maryam said with her face full of amazement.

" Hmm yes Abu Sulaim told me about what happened,but maybe it was a misconception, by the way what gossips have you been hearing? As far as I know the women of this community don't gossip" Ummu Sulaim replied.

"Except if you don't want to admit the truth,you know that there is no place where women meet without discussing other people's matters"Ummu Maryam said again.

"Uhmm forget about that please,Abu Sulaim's step sister is getting married on friday and you're invited".Ummu Sulaim said.

" OK I'll ask Abu Maryam for permission so that we can go together "Ummu Maryam said.." I'll be leaving now,regards to the kids when they're back "she added...

" OK  regards to Fahma and the rest,tell her that i'm sorry if I've done something wrong she hasn't come here for a while"Ummu Sulaim said." Nobody can come in between you two, so solve the issue when you meet,I'll let her know" Ummu Maryam said jokingly and left.

vote⭐and comment💌pls
What could Zee be up to?
No school!!!
Our modesty lies in our moral purity,our behaviors and we as a whole... Not everyone one we meet on the way is worth talking to,after all Islam has already set the limits......therefore ladies should always know that non Muharram's are out of bound.....

Lots of love all...please don't forget to comment💌💌💞.