CHAPTER21

This chapter is dedicated to Naimahtullah_sirboh.please Malak😉.

"Success,they say is all about being the best but the biggest success ever is handling the worst even if the peak isn't reached"...
-MShehooo💖💖💝

Exams. The monster which every student scares away from. The enemy which makes the lively atmosphere of a school polluted. The scale which determines our true intentions towards our goals. The gauge which reads our courage,Zeal and determination. An hour and thirty minute or less for each course which covers the four months of a Semester. An eye opener for the wise. How amazing it is,we mention going to school always but the moment it is mentioned. Panic and anxiety reflects all over us..

It's a Monday morning,having the most favourable weather. The school premises filled up not as usual,with pale faces of students and only few smiling ones. Whom have not been in for a while could also be spotted. All heading to their various exam venues. Eyes stuck on papers and books whose pages are being flipped at time intervals.

Safwa briefly looked on the screen on her phone and put it down and hissed for the uncountable time that morning. She paraded from one hall to another as if looking for something and stopped at times to make a call but the frown on her face only got intense. She couldn't find Fahma and her phone wasn't going through either. Their exams is to start by 8am and it was already 7:30am. She was worried at the fact that her friend might be late and will not be allowed to sit for the exams. Her blood was boiling with rage. She asked all the people who could have possibly seen her but the affirmative was never heard by her.

Where could she have gone? She thought..

After minutes of silent deliberation all alone,a thought occurred to her.

"Oh My God" she panicked as she tapped her phone with trembling hands.

"Assalamu Alaikum mummy,good morning" she greeted

"Wa'alaikumussalam Safee, how're you doing?"

"I'm fine, no not fine,I can't find Fahma" she jumbled.

"Calm down and speak to me dear,isn't she at school yet?"her mother asked.

"Yes,I've been looking for her for a while now but she's no where to be seen"she admitted.

"I thought she left early this morning because I didn't meet her either and nothing like this have ever happened"her mother confessed and her siblings ran to their mother to know what was happening.

"Subhanallah!! Where could she be" she said.."Her line isn't going through too".

"Wait,hang on let me check her room"she strides to Fahma's and her siblings trailed behind their mother.

On Fahma's side,she lay on the prayer mat which she had prayed Subh on earlier at dawn with her Qur'an opened beside her.

"Ya Salaam!!" Her mother gaped at the figure in front of her. And her siblings did the same.

"Mummy is anything wrong?" Safwa asked worried at the sentence she heard.

"She's here lying on the floor,I pray she's fine" she said as she ran towards her.

Safwa's eyes began to flow with tears immediately after hearing that, she felt her world was turning around. Colleagues who noticed her expression came forward to ask if everything was OK but her grip tightened on the phone that was placed on her ear waiting to hear what was next. She was shivering and at thesame time sweating profusely as she heard Fahma's mother's voice waking Fahma over the phone with worry and fear.