Chapter36

"There are times we love but never know that we do"..
-MShehooo💖💖💝.

The groom's to be family came for the engagement and formalized the wedding date. They insisted on bringing the bridal trousseau before the marriage but her family declined to it,convincing them that it wasn't a must do and they only accept that after the marriage if the groom is willing to give it.

LATEST spread the news of Fahma getting married soon while their closest and next door neighbours Abu Sulaim's family were not happy about that.."Well..after a whole lot of wandering around, she finally got someone to marry"Ummu Sulaim would say when someone breaks the news to her. Zee was very happy for her. She wanted coming to congratulate her herself but her pregnancy was already due,she was expecting her labour anytime soon."Don't mind that brother's wife of mine,she's just the envious type. May Allah bless your Union"She said cooling Fahma off after the incidents.

Safwa who spent the entire day with Fahma the day Fahma's in-laws came was happy too. She kept smiling the whole time that someone might think she was the betrothed. Her husband congratulated Fahma also when she set to leave for home. She sneaked from home before they came because she was very shy and didn't know how it will look when she meets them but not before texting her father of her where about..

"Fair complexioned individuals turn red or pink when blushing.. What will a chocolatey like me look like?" She thought looking in the invisible air with the pointing finger of her right hand on her chin head tilted to the left.. "Hmm the exact opposite of red I think" She blurted with a smile. After she came back,her father's elder sister Aunty Amina(Boss lady) nagged her that whole evening. Aunty Amina loves doing everything her way, that is why they named her Boss lady. Knowing that she was the one in the wrong, she only kept mute and heard all the lectures of being responsible her aunt was giving her. Her siblings along with her cousins who came,only laughed at them while the older women joined in spoiling her mood and ruining the memory of the lovely day she had. Her Mother who was busy tidying everywhere with the help of a family friend only gave her a quick look and continued what she was doing. She didn't sleep early that night because she couldn't figure out why they were trying to make her life miserable just because she was getting married. Her mother overhead her sniffing when she was about to walk pass her room so she entered to inquire what was happening.. She switched the lights on and found Fahma who didn't acknowledge her presence crying.

"Habibty what's wrong with you?" She asked concerned as she quickly sat beside her wiping her tears off. Fahma who was caught unaware tried to fake a smile but didn't get to.

"I am fine mum" she answered

"Then why are you still up and crying? Is it because they scolded you?" She asked again..

"I wasn't crying, I just couldn't sleep" Fahma lied still sniffing. Her mother passed a tissue paper over to her before she spoke again.

"When have you started lying? Or is it that you don't want to get married?" She never expected this question from anyone so she was shocked and quiet at the same time. She managed to look into her mother's eyes and set her eyes down again. "Is that your problem?" Her mother asked again.

"Yes" she nodded.."why?"her mother asked. "I don't know but I just find it weird,getting married to him is just unimaginable" she muttered softly.

"Do you want us to call it off?" Now her mother whose gaze was intense sounded serious.. "No" she shook her head." I believe I'll get used to it,maybe it's because am new to it"she added wiping the invisible sweat on her forehead with her palm.

"OK but remember, for everything you don't find pleasure in doing you'll never see the love in it. Don't try to please any of us because this journey you're about to start soon has no definite destination. There are many obstacles, challenges, setbacks, emotions and much more that cannot be forecasted attached to it. Therefore,value every opportunity given to you,it might be your last" her mother said before she hugged her and bade her goodnight. She sat for hours analyzing what her mother said to her just then, she noticed a silver gift bag on the console table in her room. She reached for it and leaned against the table as she opened the bag. There was a photo envelope, a white envelope,a coffee brown mug with an 'F' inscribed on it and then an hourglass . The hourglass caught her fancy the most and she kept looking at the transparent double layered glass bulb and the well sifted shiny sand that was dropping slowly from the top into the bottom layer it contained. Her gloomy expression turned into a lively one and she smiled the whole time. She was determined to wait for the upper layer to drain down completely and turn it before getting to bed not realising how long it was going to take. At about 3:00am her cousin Umaimah texted her,informing her that they were going shopping tomorrow because she was leaving a day after. She texted her back in the affirmative before she went into the bathroom to perform ablution and pray some Nafilah...