CHAPTER23

"It's a million times better to be told the truth earlier than be confronted with facades of lies later".
-MShehooo💖💖💝.

The start of a fixed relationship turned broken..

" Halima what does this mean?"he asked.

"It means what you've seen" she replied angrily shaking her feet.

"Why did you have to go around spreading false information about her? What has she done to deserve this? How do you want me to face people now,when you're the source of such problems" disappointed he spoke..

"What do you expect me to do? Besides, how dare you trust outsiders?".. Surprised by her guts he shook his head and went inside his bedroom without saying another word. While she smiled and sat back on where she was before.

Her heart was pounding hard not knowing what she was going to meet soon. She twirled her phone with her hands thinking of how she was going to face the both families. On one side it's Sofiyyah's mother and on the other, it's Ummu Maryam. She then opened the message sent to her by Sofiyyah's mother again. Reading carefully within the lines..
"When making mistakes in life,choose an easy one so you wouldn't get stuck in a mess and then it will be called stupidity. I've always treated you as a sister but today you broke my trust completely. I've heard a lot of things you said about me from other people but I never agreed, today after hearing it from Ummu Maryam's child I knew it was true because none of them will ever lie to me. Be careful who you mess with and make sure your hypocrisy stays within your territory because if it crosses mine then you will have yourself to blame. Ingrate,if you can betray Ummu Maryam who wouldn't you betray. "With a sigh she spoke to herself. " What have I done? I hope and pray that the others don't hear about this"..

After Magrib,Ummu Maryam walked to her house but not before asking Abu Maryam's permission over the phone. As she entered, she saw Abu Sulaim outside with a lamp then she greeted him before asking about his wife and seeking a little time of his to discuss something. He replied in the positive ushering her to sit before calling his wife out. After she came out, she didn't bother looking towards Ummu Maryam's direction. All she did was greet her and stood next to her husband with a frown masking her lively expression not as usual..

Ummu Maryam sat quietly for a while before speaking..

"Ummu I heard something which I don't agree of because I know it will never happen but-" she was interrupted before she could finish.."if you knew it will never happen then why are you here? Please spare my time "Ummu Sulaim said and hissed.

"Halima quiet" Abu Sulaim instructed. "Go on please" he said to Ummu Maryam.

Stunned by her expression, Ummu Maryam started convincing herself,agreeing to the fact that she has always been with a hypocrite. A double edged sword..

"Ya Salam!! Ummu where have I gone wrong to deserve such ill treatment from you. At first I had no doubt on you even after being cautioned against you but now,I am starting to doubt myself also"..

"Can someone please explain what is happening here?" Abu Sulaim who has been confused right from the start asked.. Glaring at him,his wife spoke.."why not ask her?". He glanced to Ummu Maryam's direction but her face showed no room for jokes. They all were silent until when Ummu Maryam decided to speak up..

"Earlier this afternoon Sofiyyah that lecturer's daughter came to my house telling me she had something important to discuss with me."..

" That wasn't what he asked you" Ummu Sulaim said rudely.

"Halima don't try me this night" Abu Sulaim threatened.

Ummu Maryam didn't answer her back rather she stood up and turned her back to them.