Chapter 43.

"Fortresses of Love,Trust and Perseverance are built when you Woo those whom are worth living for.."
_MShehooo❤❤❤.

A Month later..
"Ahhh!! Madam  Good morning." Someone greeted waving at Ummu Maryam to stop.

"Morning" She greeted back after she parked by the road side. Amrah who sat at the passenger's side greeted him with a disgusting look.

"How're you and your family?" He asked with a smile.

"Alhamdulillah, we're all fine" she replied.

"Oh! That's good to hear. How about Alhaji?" He asked again.

"He is fine too" she answered shortly,her expression giving no room for further discussion while Amrah started a call with whom is presumed to be her sister.

"I hope all is good?" She asked when the person was quite.

"Errmm..ye..s. No." He stuttered.

"What's the problem?" She asked.

"I don't know where to start but before I say anything, I am very sorry" He stated head down looking ashamed. Ummu Maryam who didn't understand where he was heading to gave him a confusing look.

"Yes you don't know why,I know" he explained.

"We never slept on an empty stomach when you were around. Our pain was yours. Our happiness yours. Our failure,Our success,you all took them to be yours. You showed us true neighborliness and also expressed the love none other could ever give us but all we did was try to oppress you and your family. I can still remember  how we chose to be friends with you just to benefit from you and believe me when I say we're now paying the consequences. We hardly get enough to eat. My wife is still not willing to change her ways,her case is becoming critical. Please find a place in your heart to forgive us,beg Fahma to forgive us too. I now understand why your family looked perfect.Even though every family has it's flaws,you tolerate,understand and above all are merciful towards each other. How I wish I could change the hands of time." He said all this in regret.

"There's no problem, May Allah forgive us all" Ummu Maryam said.. "We'll be on our way now because the kids are all alone at home"she added.

"OK thank you. May Allah continue to bless your family. Honestly, we miss you peoples presence." He stated.

"Ameen" she stated with a nod and started the car.

He watched as they drove off and shook his head.

"Why of all people did we have to meet Abu Sulaim today?" Amrah asked no one in particular after hanging up the call.

"Mummy!" She called..

"Umm" Ummu Maryam responded.

"Your daughter is coming later" She announced.

"Really?" Ummu Maryam tried to confirm.

"Yes" she replied happily.

"I can't wait,I really miss my Habibty" Ummu Maryam who was also very happy stated.

"I know mum. We miss her too. By the way,why did he stop us?" She asked.

"Just pleading on behalf of his family,about the past and stuffs like that" Ummu Maryam replied.

"Oww!!" She stated her lips forming an 'O'.

"It seems like they are going through a hard time, I really pity them." Ummu Maryam sympathetically said.

"Mum Once beaten..." She waited for her mother to complete the adage.

"Twice shy dear but.." She was interrupted.