CHAPTER22

"It baffles me how people you trust the most turn out to be the owner's of the arsenal obstructing your peace of mind".
-MShehooo💖💖💝.

" What!!!" Fahma exclaimed as she was the only one who was able to speak after Sofiyyah's speech standing beside her hands akimbo. She looked up and met her mother's gaze,she spotted disappointment, heartbreak,betrayal and deceit in her eyes.

"Sofiyyah I never thought you'll be among those going against her" taking a deep breathe before she continued "she has been giving you a helping hand".

Sofiyyah wiggled her brow at that statement while Fahma stood there speechless knowing her mother will never agree to what was told to her,even though her eyes explained all that to her she knew her lips will never concede to speaking it out.

" No mummy,she never gave me a helping hand. It was all a camouflage, she back stabbed me,she made me to make all sorts of wrong decisions about my life" Sofiyyah sniffed in between her words.."I always deceived my mum with the excuse of going to read in her house when the actual truth is I was always on phone with people who never made a good impact in my life".

"Mummy this is the fourth time I am sitting for the WAEC and NECO examinations, I never took them serious and Allah is punishing me for that. I alone when I am not the only one who committed the sin". She started weeping heavily making their hearts swell in pain and sympathy for the state she is in. Amrah who came in when she was narrating everything to her mother was dumbfounded not knowing where to start from or who to pacify as Fahma was crying too.

Fahma on the otherside was crying her eyes out with her heart filled with sad emotions, she felt betrayed as well. Not only for herself and her family but for Sofiyyah too. She didn't know what part of her heart she should believe. Was it the believe the crying girl in front of you or attack her,her instinct didn't doubt a word from what was said but still she wants to maintain the good side of looking at things her mother taught her.

Ummu Maryam hugged Sofiyyah saying suiting words to her." Shhh!! Never think that everything that happened to you was because of her don't you remember the verse of the Qur'an which clearly states that "No affliction befalls except by Allah's will-and he who believes Allah,He guides his heart- And Allah is Ever knowing of everything" so please stop blaming anyone not even yourself as it will only tamper with your faith"..she kept mute still tapping her back.

"Mummy you will not understand this woman,I've always passed my Jamb exams but my parents don't appreciate my little effort all because of her" Sofiyyah said while crying.

"No don't say that again" Ummu Maryam scolded.."OK I promise I won't but please believe me she's against you and your whole family. I am not fabricating anything here,please believe me, please"..

Looking straight into Ummu Maryam's eyes with hope of being trusted she felt her hands being released by her and with an emotionless look from her. She started having the feeling of dejection at that moment but before her hands fell off on her laps it was held by Fahma.

She didn't know what to expect at the moment, was it that she trusted her or was she going to attack her? She knew not what to do until she heard a sentence she never thought will come from her..."I believe you Sofiyyah" Fahma tightened her grip on her hands "yes I do" she nodded."And inshaaAllah your success will always be by Allah's grace,thank you for letting us know,I'll handle this on my own if mother doesn't want to believe".

"How do you expect mummy to believe her when she hasn't heard from the other side. 'Fair hearing' ladies and we're over with this issue" Amrah speaking for the first time stated straightening the hem of her gown.

"Go home Sofiyyah,don't stress yourself over this" Ummu Maryam said to her and smiled. A smile which Fahma clearly understood was feigned.

"Yes go,I'll keep you updated. Okay?" Fahma suggested standing up to walk her by the door still not releasing her hold on her." Okay" Sofiyyah nodded and stood up sluggishly.

While they were halfway to the door,a voice caused the hault in their movement..

"By the ways Sofiyyah not only we alone are being gossipped about even you are".

" Amrah" Fahma screamed at her but she only shrugged not showing she cares and continued from where she stopped.. "Yes,I know this wouldn't seem new to you but will you believe me if I say she calls your mother 'a mad woman'" indicating a quote sign she stopped talking due to intense glare that was being passed to her by her sister.

"What?" Sofiyyah questioned.

"I didn't say that she did" Amrah defended raising her hands in surrender." None of us ever knew that your mother has a psychotic problem,none of us here ever knew that she suffered a partial brain disorder years back,none of us ever knew that she goes to the Federal neuropsychatric hospital Kaduna for check ups and none of us ever knew that she is still on medication".

"Where do you think we heard that from? You?" She asked with furrowed brows." Good. Years back when we relocated here,my sister never loved her. Back then we said she had instinct issues, I still remember how we laugh at her and even after agreeing to our views on her,she was never that free with her" Amrah laughed bitterly before wiping the tears that were threatening to fall on her cheeks.

"My mother? A mad woman?" Sofiyyah whispered." Yes mother has gone through a lot but she was never maaad" she screamed out and started crying. Fahma didn't know what to say or do,she felt like spanking Amrah's lips for telling her that.

"You all think I am saying that because I am happy to say that right? But no,I can't bear seeing a mother being insulted,I can't bear seeing a child in the midst of those who are trying to see his parents downfall. I can't! She said you and all your siblings act senselessly and you inherited it from her,she said you are always in a hotel with men. Isn't that enough to tear you apart?"

"I have to tell you this now not because I am a gossip but because I want my mother to agree to the fact that Ummu Sulaim is no good person, I can say this in front of her and I don't expect anyone to he silent about this" she stated. "Ummu Sulaim is Evil!!!".....

Sofiyyah left for home immediately after Amrah's words rang through her ears while Fahma stood in confusion not knowing who to blame. She was very much aware of Ummu Sulaim's bad ways but she kept mute to avoid saying bad against anyone. Ummu Maryam decided to go solve the matter after Magrib prayer that evening as every warning given to her against Ummu Sulaim started hunting her..

**************
Sofiyyah's mother got furious on hearing what her daughter narrated to her.

" I respected her a lot,I took her as a younger sister but I know not that she is a parasite who sticks to everyone's life just to get tainting information's to be spread. I swear by Allah that I will never allow her to go Scot free and that is a promise from me"

"Pass my phone over to me" Sofiyyah's mother instructed.

************
Seated on the cushion in her sitting room,Ummu Sulaim heard her phone beep." Iklima pass my phone over to me" she ordered. Iklima who was holding Musa stood up and picked the phone from the TV stand before passing it over to her mother. Abu Sulaim looked at her with concern when he saw the expression on her face..

"What happened?" He asked.

"Umm... Nothing" she answered without glancing at him.

"Yes there is you look nervous" he stated and walked to where she sat.

"No there isn-" but before she concluded he grabbed the phone from her and saw the delete option displayed on the screen.

"Delete? Why delete? You said it was nothing" he quickly canceled the activity and read the message loudly over and over again with every start making his blood to boil in anger and his temper to rise higher...

"What is this?" He asked and all she did was look at him daringly...

"Like what you saw" she said and stood up. She was held back when she tried leaving him there,and there and then,she knew it was the start...

Sorry for taking long to update.. It's a double update today. InshaaAllah before the end of today,the other chapter will be published.

Jazaakumullahu khairan.
-MShehooo💖💖💝.