Chapter Three

Y/n's pov

I looked down at my hands than back at the fire that was steadily getting bigger. I grabbed my backpack I bolted upstairs going two steps at a time. I opened my room door and turned my backpack upside down, efficiently emptying it. I quickly changed into a black tee shirt, jeans, and a dark green jacket. I grabbed clothes, a couple granola bars, a few water bottles, a pocket knife, my lighter, and a decent sized stack of money I've have been saving up for this, in my bag.

I hurried into my parents room to the small box they kept under their bedside table. I opened it and snatched the gun and amo that lay inside shoving the gun in my waistband. I bolted down stairs. Looking into the kitchen I could see the red and orange flames taking up the kitchen pouring out gray smoke. Shit this is bad.

Leaving out of the back door I trotted to the back shed where I kept my bike. I flung open the door revealing my bike leaning on the back wall. I climbed on a pushed off a going at full speed, gaining speed I neared my destination.

{TimeSkip}

My bike screeched to a stop in front of the entry of the forest. The sunset just visible over the tree line. I looked at the small six foot ditch and pushed my bike in letting it tumble to the bottom. I unzipped my backpack taking a few sips of water and began my walk down the vacant trail leaving my bike. The path had far to many sticks and fallen trees to take it. As I scouted out the area also looking for shelter as the sun became less and less visible as it started to get dark. Deciding to call it a night I picked a tree just out of site of the abandoned trail. Sliding down the tree and laying my head down on my backpack I snuggled into the warmth of my dark green jacket. I slowly slipped out of consciousness thinking about my next steps. I let out a low sigh before I fell into a deep sleep.