Chapter Forty

Hoodie's pov

I grumbled and pushed my face further into my pillow as a hand tries to violently shake me awake. "What?" I muttered not wanting to get up.

"Y/n's gone!" Masky yelled frantically shaking me making me bolt up shocking me out of my tired state.

"What! Where are they?" I yelled standing up and looking around the panicked room. The rooms attention shifted to me making an uncomfortable silence wash over everyone. "Well!?" I said raising my voice.

Toby rested his hand on my tensed shoulder. "W-we think they're i-in your room, th-hey're *crack* not ans-swering anyo-one though-h." I shook his hand off. "Why?" I snapped turning to everyone, their faces held sheepish expressions as they shifted their weight uncomfortably.

The silence dragged on until Kate broke it. "They took off their fucking mask." She snapped looking around disgusted. My face dropped then distorted into one of extreme anger.

"You. Did. What." I seethed though my teeth. A few stepped back and looked away not wanting to meet my furious gaze. I quickly forgot about everyone in front of me and bolted towards the stairs hoping to whatever god that they would still be in the mansion.

I skidded to a stop in front of our room door and looked at the people slowly gathering into a small clump a few yards away from me. I took a deep breath and knocked softly on the door. "Y/n?" I questioned as I pulled lightly on the locked doorknob. "It's Hoodie, can you unlock the door." I was met with an eerie silence as my breathing hitched not getting a response.

I continued calling until I was begging for them to let me in only to be met with the sound of my echoing voice. I rested all of my weight against the door. "Y/n? Please open the door." I begged looking at the doorknob hoping for it to click open.

I felt a hand pull me up and away from the door, I looked over at Masky's frame we nodded in silent agreement. We quickly lined up with the door and rammed our shoulders into it making the frail wood crack easily under our weight. We backed up once more and drove ourselves into the door again making it fly open. I looked around the room, their clothes and items were strewn across the floor. I felt a cold breeze making the the hair on the back of my neck stand up I looked towards the open window letting in the cold midnight air.

Time seemed to stand still as I walked towards it pushing my body though, I pulled down my mask and cupped my hands over my mouth. "Y/n!" I yelled making a few birds scatter from distant trees flying into the moons pale light, but was met with no other sound than the distant echoes of my voice. "No..." I muttered in a half whisper.

I quickly pushed myself back though the frame of the window and looked at Masky who held a small slip of paper out to me. "This was on your bed." He said nodding his head towards it. I grabbed it without a word examining the folded piece of paper with my name written messily on the front. I unfolded it and read the single sentence scribbled messily.

'Don't look for me, I'm sorry I failed as your proxy.'

The world slowed around me as my eyes scanned the paper on repeat. Eventually all reason I had left my mind as I pushed the paper carefully into my pocket and stalked over to the group. "Who did it?" I said lowly looming over everyone. A few glanced at BEN while other murmured his name.

He seemed to shrink under my gaze. I approached him and stood over his frame."It was an accident! I didn't mean for them to find ou-" He pleaded but was quickly cut off as I punch him in the face, hard.

Blood immediately blossomed from his nose running down his face staining his clothes. I gripped his shirt pushing him towards the ground he coughed and looked up at me as I started rapidly kicking his side getting out the pent up anger. "Please.. Stop." He whimpered and I sped up my kicks. I scoffed "Pathetic bitch, Don't. Ever. Beg. Me. For. Mercy." I said in between heavy kicks to his legs and torso.

The lights flickered wildly reacting to BEN's pain before bursting from being overheated, showering us in shards of glass, that didn't slow me down. No one dared to stop me as I beat him into a pulp. After another ten or so seconds I backed away from his shaking form on the floor. "As for all of you-" I said coldly "find them." I said walking away.

"We leave in five minutes."