Chapter Nineteen

Y/n's pov

I walked down the hall towards the room Hoodie and me share. It's nothing new we shared a room at the cabin, heck we shared a bed most nights thanks to the lack of rooms. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, running my hands though my hair. I thought about how lucky I am that I was chosen, how I owe my life to Hoodie.

My thoughts were interrupted as a small voice called my name. I frowned under my mask and opened my eyes. Turning around seeing a young girl in pink running towards me a stuffed brown bear in her hands. As she got closer I could see she had what appears to be blood running down her face, long wavy brown hair, and bright green eyes.

She stopped a few feet in front of me "Hi! My names Sally. Oh, and this is Charlie." She said with a wide grin as she stuck out her hand and held a bear up with the other.

I hesitantly shook it. I've never been too fond of kids, but decided to give her a chance. I started writing and flipped it over so the paper was facing her.

'I'm Y/n, nice to meet you Sally.'

She looked at my face and smiled "Wanna color with me and Charlie?" She said motioning to the bear.

I hesitated but nodded my head, her face lit up. She took my hand and led me down the hall.

Hoodie's pov

"T-they sl-slapped B-BEN."

Jeff started to laugh and nudged BEN's side. "Tell the story again." BEN turned away clearly embarrassed. The rest of the room looked at us and lightly laughed. "What happened?" I deadpanned.

"H-He tried t-to take o-off their m-mask and tried to kiss th-hem and t-they hit h-him with their n-notebook." Toby laughed sending the room into a fit of laughter.

"Where are they?" I said looking at BEN not amused.

"Somewhere upstairs." Jeff answered for him "They're odd, where'd ya' find them?"

I opened my mouth to tell him to fuck himself but Masky cut me off with an amused chuckle. "Ok so like two years ago they broke into the proxy cabin, hit Kate with a door, wrecked Toby's room and took off into the woods. Toby found them though." I shot him an annoyed glance.

He shrugged not bothered. "Why were they out there?" Jane asked "It's a long story." I replied quickly before anyone else could answer. "Oh yeah what's up with that notebook thing of theirs?" Jeff said using his knife to get dirt from under his nails.

"They don't like new people... They haven't been around many so they're  getting used to it." I said feeling guilty for leaving them in the house alone for so long. I stood up. "I'm gonna go to bed." I said abruptly walking towards the stairs.

I reached my room door and opened it, walking over to the bed. I climbed half way up the ladder, not seeing Y/n I jumped down doing a 360 looking for any sign of them. Not seeing anything I went back outside and started walking down the hallway, calling out their name a few times. I heard noise from a room to my left. The door was baby pink and had a small brow bear painted in the middle, Sally. I knocked on the door and went in.

Sally and Y/n sat at a small table drawing. They looked up at me and Sally smiled at me as I walked over "Hey Hoodie!" The eight year old chirped.

I looked at Y/n's drawing. It was a thick green forest with the moon just visible over the tree tops. Sally's was of her teddy bear. I smiled at them "Sally it's late you should be in bed." I said softly.

Sally looked up and frowned "But I wanna finish my drawing." She said as she held up her paper.

Y/n started to write on the top corner of her paper, sliding it to Sally. I looked over her shoulder reading it.

'Yeah its late, we can play more tomorrow.'

Sally's frown turned into a smile as she looked back up at her "Ok! Can you tuck me in?" She said with hopeful eyes.

Y/n nodded and stood up from the small chair. They swept Sally from hers and set her in the pastel pink bed. After they had Sally in the bed they looked at me and pointed to her bear. Getting the message I picked up the small stuffed animal and threw it to them. They caught it easily and handed it to Sally. She said quiet thank you as Y/n started to walk away from the small bed. We walked to the door stopping to shut off the light "Goodnight Sally." I said softly as I shut the door.

I walked beside Y/n as we made our way back to the room. We walked in comfortable silence as we normally did.