Chapter Thirteen

Y/n's pov

Hoodie pushed the open the front door and walked inside, me close behind him, my sledge hammer tight in my grip. The main room was elegant with a grand staircase in view when you first walk in. A kitchen to the left, and living room to the right. Five or six people were seated in the living room watching two others play a game. A few turned around to see who entered. "Who's that..?" A girl with one toxic green eye and one with what appears to be a small clock said.

The room turned around to face us. Hoodie walked faster trying to avoid questions. He assured me up the stairs and down the hall to a door. He knocked twice and went in. I entered the room and staggered back.

Knowing burnt my house to ashes? Living with that fact? That doesn't bother me. The punches and hits I receive? I couldn't care less. But this really fucking bothered me.

A creature that could pass for a man if it wasn't for its face, or lack of it. It was a faceless chalk white figure. It looked to be about seven or eight feet tall in a suit with a red tie. Static invaded every corner of my mind. "Hoodie" a voice said though it sounded like hundreds of voices mixed together into one. "Who is this?"

I looked over at Hoodie my eyes squinting because if the pain from the headache. He looked up at the faceless demon and spoke "They're my proxy. I've recruited them two years ago. They're well trained and is an excellent fighter. I'm requesting your permission for them to stay here."

The pain started to fade and I looked back at the creature. He seemed to be looking at me. I stared into where should be his face. He looked in Hoodie's direction "I'll have to see their skills before I make my final decision. I want them to fight one of the proxies, it's your choice who it is. Have them ready by five."