Chapter 4: Beast Tamer

Walking with Kirito on my left, it was hard to believe it's almost been two full years since we got trapped here in S.A.O. Currently we were on our way back from a high reward quest here on Floor 35, when I noticed a girl getting surrounded by ogres.

"Oh look a girl's about to get smashed into jelly by three large ogres," I told Kirito.

"How can you be so calm about it?!" he asked me.

"Meh," I shrugged before going over and lending a hand.

*Silica's POV*

Seeing one of the ogres raise it's club, I prepared for my death. I'm sorry mom and dad, I couldn't make it back alive. Looking up they all exploded into pixels with a player now standing before me. He wore an interesting set of knight armor, and wielded a custom longsword, by the looks of it.

 He wore an interesting set of knight armor, and wielded a custom longsword, by the looks of it

"You mind not starring? It's kinda creeping me out," he told me.

"Oh sorry," I apologized.

"It's fine. You alright?" he asked me.

"I am, but Pina," I pointed over to the feather. "He sacrificed himself for me," I cried.

"Check and see if it has a name attached to it," he advised me.

"Damn dude you're quick, one minute you're next to me, the other you're all the way over here," a guy wearing all black and carrying a sword on his back remarked.

Pressing the feather it was tilted Pina's heart. Looking at me with a smile on each other their faces, I picked the feather up and looked to them.

"Since it's an item you can resurrect your friend if you go to floor 47 and pick a rare flower that has the ability to resurrect familiars," the taller one told me.

"Thank you, maybe if I try really hard I can eventually revive Pina," I told him.

"The catch is the item has an expiration date, which is in three days," the shorter and edgier one told me.

"Then I'll never be able to revive him. Thank you for saving me anyhow," I bowed to the tall one. "What's your name anyways?" I asked him.

"Mordred," he told me. "The short and edgy one is Kirito my battle companion and long time friend," he smiled. "As for reviving your little buddy, this should help you level up, and since I'm a swordsman I have no need for daggers," he told me before sending some stuff to me.

"How much do I owe you?" I asked him.

"Nothing, all you have to do is come with us to Floor 47 tomorrow and we'll revive your little buddy," Mordred smiled.

"You mean it?!" I asked him.

"Every word, now come on let's head back to town before more monster show up," he advised us.