Chapter 29: Peace of Heart

When the virtual clock tower tolled, the boss appeared and the environment changed around us. Standing with the group as the boss materialized before us, it was that demonic samurai from floor 57. 

"Alright let's do this!" I encouraged the raiding party. 

"Yeah!" everyone yelled before we all sprung into action. 

Rushing in with Klien and his guild since we were the vanguard of the raiding party, one of my songs was beginning to play in the background. Refocusing on the boss, its attack patterns had changed, but its abilities remained the same. 

"Gunners! After every eye laser shot, the demonic samurai is temporarily blinded for about 10 seconds, that's your window to attack!" I shouted as loud as I could hoping they'd hear me. 

"Understood!" one shouted back raising up their thumb. 

"Switch!" I yelled before switching out with Asuna on the combo attack as the demonic samurai's attention had turned elsewhere monetarily. "You're up next Kirito, get ready!" I advised him. 

"On it!" he told me and when it was time, he faltered. 

Instead of Kirito switching out with Asuna, it was a player by the Eiji. Well, he's certainly got his head in the game. Ignoring the fact that Kirito tripped up we continued to battle the boss until I delivered the final blow my plunging my sword's blade through the demonic samurai's head. 

"Congrats you scored the most point in this raid," Yuna smiled at me before kissing me on the cheek in front of the girls which made them red with anger. "I win this round, girls," she teased them. 

Looking around to congratulate that Eiji kid for stepping up to the plate, he was nowhere to be seen. Odd to say the least. Deactivating Ordinal Scale, I couldn't tell if Kirito was more frustrated with himself of the new kid stealing his thunder. 

"What's got you all bent out of shape?" I asked Kirito. 

"This AR stuff is stupid," he groaned. 

"You sound like a child," I informed him. "Spend more time practicing and maybe you won't falter next time," I suggested. "But on a side note, why was one of my songs playing Yuna?" I asked her as everyone had cleared out. 

"Thought it'd be fun to change it up a bit, besides you make it seem like you're a bad singer," she argued. 

"Just wasn't expecting it is all," I assured her. "Well come on guys let's head on home, it's getting late," I pointed out. 

"Sounds good to me," Klien agreed. 

*the next day*

Waking up to my phone ringing, it was my dad. 

"Morning dad," I yawned. 

"Morning, did you just wake up?" he asked me. 

"Yeah, but it's fine," I assured him.

"Well tomorrow we're leaving for Los Angeles, and your grandparents are on the edge of their seats hoping to see you again, so get packing," he suggested.

"Alright," I told him. 

"Oh yeah and I'll send you your ticket info an a bit," he informed me. 

"Alright sounds good," I mentioned as I got out of bed. 

"Alright, talk to you later Delsin, bye," he told me before hanging up. 

Sending my usual good morning text to everyone, I added in that I'd be leaving for the states tomorrow to visit my grandparents. Waiting for responses, I began to pack my things when there was a knock on my door. Going to it, it was Masami when I opened the door.