Chapter 14: Unwavering Determination

*Asuna's POV*

Sitting in my cage, he showed up again.

"What wrong my darling?" he asked me.

"Don't call me that, I'm not yours," I glared at him.

"Why must you be so difficult?" he asked me.

"Because I despise you," I told him. "You remind me of someone my friend Mordred killed in S.A.O, I believe he went by the alias Kuradeel. Mordred cut his head clean off," I told him. "Then there's Kirito," I told him.

"Please as if he would ever get back on the nerve gear, and as for Mordred, didn't he die in Sword Art Online? That's right here did. I even stopped by his grave the other day. He was incredibly brave for sacrificing his life to free everyone," he told me.

"You lie. Mordred is still alive. He has to be," I rejected the thought of him being dead.

"It's best to accept the fact your friend is dead, Asuna," he told me before leaving.

Please Mordred, don't be dead. You made a promise to all of us, well now I'm holding you to that promise.

*Mordred's POV*

"So when you found out everyone was trapped including yourself in S.A.O, what was going through your head?" Sugu asked me as we flew through the air.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared, but I was also happy because I could finally become who I always was at heart, a renegade through and through," I smiled.

"You know your parents are worried sick about you," she told me.

"So they did notice I was gone afterall," I scoffed.

"Listen man in the four months I've been out of S.A.O, your parents not once forgot to visit you. And when we were trapped they came everyday," Kirito told me. "They told me their biggest regret was no paying enough attention to you," he added.

"...Let's just focus on getting Asuna back," I demanded.

*Leafa's/Sugu's POV*

Poor Mordred the guy doesn't even realize how much his parents care about him because he's been stuck in two games for 2 and half years now.

Landing to take a break, Kazuto and I logged out to go speak to his parents.

"Sugu, Kazuto, come in," Mr. Kane smiled.

"Thanks Mr. Kane," I smiled as we walked inside. "So umm Mordred I mean Delsin still thinks you're both the same as when he left," I told them bluntly.

"We didn't leave on the best of terms with our son, so it makes sense he'd think that. If we could we would go into Alheim and talk to him ourselves," Mrs. Kane told me.

"I may be able to help with that," Seijirou stated.

"Seijirou, you're here?" Kazuto asked him.

"I was talking with Mr. and Mrs. Kane about you and Delsin working for me. Since you two are two of the big three, having you on our team as our VR agents, it'd be a win win scenario," he explained.

"Sounds good to me, and I'll be sure to tell Mordred about it too," I told him. "So about helping his parents talking to him?" I asked him.

"I have amusphere's and Alfheim in my car, don't ask how, but anyways head back to your place, I'll help Mr. and Mrs. Kane set, now where's your location in Alfheim?" he asked us.

"We're in a clearing of the Ancient Forest, that's just North of Sylvain," I told him before Kazuto and i went back home and got back on Alfheim.

Finding Mordred resting against his sleeping drake, he seemed so peaceful. Waiting for his parents to arrive, both were Väktare's like Mordred. Stupid update, why couldn't I have chosen the Väktare race?