Chapter 25: Heart to Heart

Going to my mother we walked around the square as I explained everything to her. I just hope she understands.

"When I first found out that we were trapped I was terrified, I barely strayed far from the safe zone," I began. "But then everything changed when we found the first boss room and the first raid meeting was held," I continued as we sat down on a bench. "I paired up with two male players one shy and a little edgy, the other open and really sarcastic," I laughed slightly. "They were Kirito and Mordred," I revealed.

"What's your point?" she asked me.

"All throughout our time in the dungeon, both had my back. We hadn't met previously, but they treated me as a friend they'd known their entire lives. From having no one to count on to have two of the greatest friends one could ask for, suddenly Aincrad wasn't as scary as it first seemed," I explained.

"What happened after that?" She asked curiously.

"Well after some time our paths diverged, but I reconnected with Mordred because he had allowed a target to be painted on him because all the players were blaming the beta testers for all the problems they faced. We let him join the Knights of the Blood Oath and the two of us often went on raids together, meeting up with Kirito from time to time," I recalled. "Eventually Mordred left when he was strong enough and the heat had died down, but we kept in contact," I continued.

"You seem to speak more about Mordred than Kirito even though Kirito is your boyfriend," she pointed out.

"I won't lie a lot of the early months of Aincrad were spent more with Mordred than Kirito, but even with Mordred being sarcastic, he always managed to make me smile or laugh at his antics, really he became a brother to me, and I a sister to him," I smiled remembering all the times he drove me insane. "I found family, I found love, I felt truly alive in Aincrad," I told her.

"But then Suguo trapped in you in Alfheim and we nearly married you off to him! We nearly married you off to a rapist, a maniac!" she said frantically.

Placing my hand on my mothers, she took a deep breath before I continued.

"Yes Suguo trapped me, and I felt caged and helpless in the old Alfheim, but the bonds I had created with everyone I met inside of S.A.O, held firm and before I realized it Kirito, Mordred, and all the others had come to get me. When Suguo had violated me in Alfheim, Mordred didn't let his actions go unpunished. He went out to the parking lot and he fought Suguo and killed the bastard," I revealed.

"How did Mordred get there so quickly?" she asked me.

"He was there from the beginning. Mordred was comatose just like I was even after S.A.O was beaten, and when he freed me, he freed himself. And when he woke up, he was so consumed by rage with Suguo that his body remembered everything from Sword Art and Alfheim. He killed Suguo, but he did it for the right reasons," I explained.

"Mordred allowed himself to be seen as the villain didn't he?" she questioned.

"Yes. Mordred told me, that he doesn't care how the world sees him, if he's able to save peoples lives by taking others, then he'll gladly accept damnation. He was willing to put up with all the hatred because it meant others would live," I explained.

"Alright so you've explained to me your relationship with Mordred, but what about Kirito's?" she asked me.

"Well, we should go to Floor 22 for that one, but first I think you should meet someone first," I suggested.

"Very well," she agreed before I took her to the Black Iron Palace where Mordred had lit candles for all those who had died in Sword Art Online.

"Mordred, I want you to meet someone," I called to him.