Chapter 17: A New Threat

It's been a full year since the game has cleared and I was meeting up with Kazuto, Asuna, and Sugu in Tokyo.

Emerging from the subway station, they were all there waiting for me. Everyone including myself seemed to be wearing clothing reminiscent to our gear in S.A.O and A.L.O for Sugu.

"Hey guys, were you waiting long?" I ased them.

"Not at all, so how was it riding on a bullet train for the first time?" Asuna asked me.

"Confusing, I nearly missed my stop," I sighed.

"So thre mighty Mordred who can traverse dungeons, and take on bosses practically on his own, can't figure out how the train system works?" Asuna asked me.

"I'm from America, not Japan," I told her.

"Right using the old foreigner excuse are we?" she asked me.

"So has Kazuto propose yet?" I asked her.

"S-shut up!" she yelled.

"I win again, you had me worrying there for a quick moment," I laughed.

"Whatever let's just go," she groaned as we walked to the Imperial Palace. "So besides Japan have you ever been to any other countries?" she asked me.

"Nope, just this one and the good ol' U.S of A," I told her. "So how's that gizmo coming along for Yui?" I asked Kazuto.

"Pretty good so for, but a lot of all nighters," he told me. "What about you? What've you been up to?" he asked me.

"I officially work for Seijirou, but go about the jobs my own way, that was our deal. He gives me a target then the rest is up to me and me alone," I smiled.

"Detective Mordred is on the case. Some call him a loose canon, but Chief Asuna would never admit it openly, but his uncanny way of doing things was a breath of fresh air," Sugu played out.

"I see you've been talking to Yuna," I told her.

"It's golden!" she argued.

"Why am I the chief?" Asuna asked her.

"Cause you're the only one next to Klien who was part of a guild and was a high ranking member," she explained.

Getting a text from Seijirou, he wanted me to meet up with him at a near by high end restaurant.

"I gotta go guys," I told them.

"Later bud," Kazuto told me.

"Later Delsin," Sugu and Asuna waved me off as i walked in the direction of the restaurant.

"Do you have a reservation sir?" the front deskman asked me.

"I'm meeting someone," I stated.

"Mordred! Hey Mordred over here!" Seijirou shouted.

"Sadly that him," I whispered.

"Very well," the front deskman stated letting me pass.

"What's this crucial topic you were talking about Seijirou?" I asked him.

"In the hit American VR game Gun Gale Online a player by the name of Death Gun went into the hub and shot the screen where the top player known as Xexeed was being broadcasted on an in game news network," he started. "The fowl part is XeXeed died there after, the cause of death was heart failure when they did the autopsy. Two days later same thing happened to another player, but this time Death Gun actually shot him," he told me.

"Death Gun?! That sounds like the name of a squeaker in Call of Duty," I laughed. "Listen Seijirou it's likely this Xexeed guy was on his last leg and wanted to get one last game in before biting the bullet," I told him.