Chapter 11: Knights of the Blood Oath

*October 24th/Floor 75: Collina/Mordred's POV*

Standing at the entrace to the arena here on floor 75, it was a packed stadium. I mean why wouldn't it be? You got two of Aincrad's best going at it today.

Argo also did some advertising in the Weekly Argo.

"Alright Kirito, good luck man," I told him.

"Yeah thanks," he told me as he prepared himself for the fight of his life.

"By now you know Heathcliff's ultimate move the divine authority or stance or whatever it's actual name is called, basically it boosts his strength and stamina by 10%," I explained.

"Right," Kirito stated before he walked onto the arena.

"I'm concerned about this duel, no one's ever seen the commander's health bar go into the yellow," Asuna told me.

"Yeah, it's got me suspicious. I mean you have strong weapon arts like my Fury of the Dragon's ability, but I can only use it twice a day, and I need to say a 10 second incarnation before actually using it," I explained.

"So basically you either need to say it really fast or you need to have someone give you sometime," Asuna stated.

"Which is why I needed Kirito to buy me some time two weeks ago in the floor 74 dungeon," I stated before the fight began.

Watching the fight go down it started out as one would expect. Seeing that Kirito was about to lose I switched places with him. Walking onto the field the crowd errupted in cheer. Unsheathing my sword, I got into my battle stance.

"You are aware that if you lose then you're gonna have to rejoin right?" he asked me.

"I'll just quit the next day," I grinned.

"You can't be serious," he groaned.

"Hey you said I had to rejoin you never said how long I had to stay," I grinned. "Now stop being a pussy and fight me!" I challenged him.

"The vulgarity of Americans," he groaned.

"It's what makes us who we are," I admitted before attacking him head on.

Trading blow for blow, he had battle healing just like me and Kirito. Sliding under his attack, I got behind him and slashed at his back before he had time to dodge, or parry, but then he used his weapons art speeding up him reaction time. Shit. Quickly leaping back so I wouldn't get hit. I leapt back even further.

"Is Mordred going to do what I think he will folks?! Will we see his weapon art?!" Argo asked.

"I am the knight who stands against the tide. My name carries the weight of a thousand blades, Bidh an dràgon a 'giùlan ar nàimhdean!" I chanted sending gthe two dragon right at Heathcliff. who used hit shield to protect himself, but his shield was broken in the process.

"Well done, you've succeeded in destroying my shield," Heathcliff stated.

"I don't want your praise! I want to defeat you!" I stated before rushing him.

"And I, you," he replied counter rushing.

Trading blow for blow again, he nailed me in the stomach causing me to fall to the ground. Pointing his blade at my throat, I summoned my half spear to knock it out of the way, and got hi mto back off.

"And what do you call that?" he asked me.

"Oh this? Just a little creation of mine. The half spear only available at my shop in Algade," I advertised somewhat. "But since this is a sword fight, I shall be putting this bad boy away," I added before unequipping it.