Chapter 13: Into Alfheim

*4 months later*

It's been 4 months since the game ended, but 300 players including Delsin and Asuna had yet to awaken. I often transitioned between visits, sometimes going to Delsin, other times going to see Asuna.

Sugu often went with me to see Delsin, and this time was no different.

"So what was he like?" she asked me.

"Most of the time he was caring, brave, and sarcastically funny, but there were times where he could be intimidating and frightening," I told her. "He threw himself and Kayaba off the ledge of the Ruby Palace sacrificing himself so that we could return home," I smiled.

After our visit, we returned home, and I went over to the Dicey Cafe, where Yuna and Agil awaited me.

"Hey guys," I greeted.

"Hey Kazuto," they greeted.

"How's Delsin and Asuna?" Yuna asked me.

"They're doing just fine, but Asuna is going to be married off to some ass named Suguro, who works for Asuna's dad," I told them.

"Then you should check this out," Agil told me showing some pictures. "These were taken inside the new hit VRMMO Alfheim Online, does she look familiar?" he asked me.

"Asuna," I breathed.

"Yup, and if Asuna's there, then it's likely Mordred is there too," Agil speculated.

"That second one is a wild shot, but it's one I'm willing to take," I told him.

"Then you'll need this," he told me sliding me a copy of the game.

Going home, I put my nerve gear on, and got started. After finishing my customization, I was falling into Alfheim before something happened and I wound up in a forest. Going through my stuff I had all my skills, but all my items were missing, except for one. Clicking on it, Yui came back into my arms.

"I missed you Yui," I hugged her.

"I missed you too daddy," she hugged me back.

"Yui, I think your mommy and uncle are trapped here in Alfheim," I told her.

"What are we going to do then?" she asked me.

"It should be obvious, we're going to find them and free them," I smiled. "Well I know where Asuna is, she's at the top of the World Tree, but Mordred, I have no clue as to where he is," I told her.

*Mordred's POV*

Opening my eyes I found myself laying on a bed. Looking around it just seemed to be me. Opening my menu, most of my things were gone except for my sword and materials. Taking a look, I was in Alfheim online. Trying to log out the game wouldn't allow it.

Looks like I have another game to beat. I wonder if Kirito is here? Going to my friends list, there was only Kirito, clicking on his name, he was in Sylph territory. Trying to get in contact, I couldn't reach him. Damnit. Getting the rest of the rundown on where I was, I was considered to be a half alf, so just run of the mill fantasy races aside excluding most except for the fairy races and half-alves. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Walking through the Väktare city of Arthos, I came to a forge. Finally! Using my Dragon hide and Obsidian steel I was able to make myself some pretty good armor and weaponry, but just barely.

 Finally! Using my Dragon hide and Obsidian steel I was able to make myself some pretty good armor and weaponry, but just barely