Chapter 7: Birthday girl

*Asuna's POV*

Tracking Mordred, I found him in a store. Going inside it was like he was about to lose his mind over something. Noticing me he went back to scratching his head furiously.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Yuna's birthday is coming up soon and I don't know what to get her!" he groaned.

"Is that what you're stressed about?" I asked him.

"Yeah. What'd you think I was stressed about?" he asked me.

"I don't know, your dream?" I asked him.

"Already livin' it," he smiled. "I know Kirito and you were talking about it, I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine. Lately I've been stuck between wanting to stay forever and goin' back to the real world," he told me as he browsed through the items.

"Why would you want to stay here?" I asked him.

"Well why not? We can do feats that can only be described as super human, we're famous, and it's really fun too," he told me. "In the real world, will history really remember us by name? I mean if we become influential enough, maybe, but the reality is for most people, history forgets them," he explained.

The sad part about what he's saying is that he's right, history doesn't remember the common man, but still.

"But that's just me of course, I fight as hard as I do because I want you all to follow your dreams like I am now," he smiled. "Hey what about this for Yuna?" he asked me showing me a picture of the item.

"Hmmm it's nice, but I don't think that's really something she'd wear

"Hmmm it's nice, but I don't think that's really something she'd wear. Let me take a look," I told him pushing him out of the way.

Scrolling through there was really nothing that suited Yuna. Closing out of the shop, he looked at if he hatched an idea, rushing over to a forge he got straight to work. Didn't know he was a blacksmith too.

"Soooo what're you making?" I asked him.

"A couple of times before I saw Yuna messing around with my longsword, and while it's a bit too heavy for her, I'm going to make her a weapon," he told me as he forged out a pretty solid looking one handed sword.