Chapter 22: Date Night

Sitting around in the square of the Town of Beginners, I was usually always the first one on, between the gang and myself.

I was honestly curious to log off and see how things have worked out between her mom, and her.

Logging off, I checked the time to see that they were all still in school.

Going down to the gym, some exercise would do me good. While bench pressing, my phone went off. Putting the bar back on the rack, I grabbed my phone and saw that it was Yuna.

"Hey Yuna," I greeted.

"Hey Mordred, what'cha ya doin'?" she asked me.

"Just did some bench presses, you?" I asked her.

"It's lunch time at school so I thought I'd call you," she told me.

"She misses her big strong knight!" I heard Lisbeth shout in the background, which caused me to laugh slightly in amusement.

"Anyways, you'll be in Alfheim this afternoon right?" she asked me.

"Of course," I assured her.

"Then would you umm want to go a two person raid with me?" she asked me.

"Sure, sounds like fun," I smiled.

"Great! Well I'll see you later on, bye Mordred," Yuna told me before hanging up.

"From what I heard, that sounded like a girl asked you out on a date Delsin," my neighbor Masami remarked as she started up one of the treadmills.

"It's just a two person raid in Alfheim with my friend Yuna, no big deal, Masami," I argued.

"You're one hell of a fighter Delsin, but you're totally clueless about romance," she remarked.

"How so?" I raised an eyebrow.

"How many female friends do you have?" she asked me.

"Well there's you, Rosalia, Yuna, Sugu, Shino, Lisbeth, Asuna, and Silica, but I don't see how that's a big deal," I remarked.

"And how do they all act around you?" she asked me.

"Well Asuna's casual with me, and usually if she's stressed about something she'll either call her boyfriend Kazuto, but if he's busy, then she usually comes to me to just voice her frustrations," I started. "As for Shino, whenever we're sitting close together she always scoots a bit closer to me before making a face at all the other girls, for some odd reason. Sugu's pretty much the same way," I continued. "As for Yuna, Lisbeth, and Silica, they're pretty casual around me, too. Oddly enough, Silica likes it when I pat her on the head, Yuna always wants to go duo adventures with me, and Lisbeth, I'm always taking her to get new materials," I finished.

"And you don't think any of them have strong feelings for you, minus Asuna?" she asked me, curiously.

"Well I'm not too sure. I'm still new to this stuff believe it or not. Believe it or not, for most of my life, I was just a loner who liked playing video games and fighting," I admitted, slightly embarrassed. "But what do you think?" I asked her.

"I think they all have the hots for you. I mean whats not to like about you? You're strong, handsome, as healthy as a horse, confident, but not overly confident; you have a unique sense of humor, and you'd go to the ends of the earth for your friends," she listed off.

"Is this coming from your observations, or are these your feelings about me, Masami?" I asked her.

"I-Uh, baka!" she yelled in frustration before nearly flying off the treadmill before I caught her and turned the treadmill off. "T-thanks, Delsin, that was pretty clumsy of me, wasn't it?" she asked me.