Daring Little Rouge

Cariana POV.

She is grace. She is calculating. She is alone.

I watch the way Isabella walks with our pack, our people. She joins the group yet never mingles, always just listening. I know the girl can speak, for she spoke once to me all those years ago. Yet it seems that no matter how much love we try to pour into her, her scars from the past still show.

She appears to take a liking to my brother, she is calm around him as he was the one who helped saved her life. The other three healers have since either passed or found mates and moved out of our pack. I can see the fact she tries to repay him by helping him. Though she never has too, Calvin enjoys taking care of the girl.

Isabella has a soft spot for the children though, you can see it in her eyes when one comes up to her. One even learned sign language to speak to her. She would make a great Queen one day, though I fear that I don't know the little daring rouge I once knew. Her light in her eyes have dimmed; only finding light in the hunt or in caring for the pack. Seems as if in her eyes she does not care of her life. Though I doubt she ever did.

I wish she would speak to me again. Her soft voice could soothe any pain. I remember the pain of leaving my mate, my heart tearing. Yet when she spoke those two words, I didn't feel it. I was warm, my heart yet full for saving the child.

The pain grows slightly stronger each day. The fact that my mate hunted us for years, till we hid in this location, does not help any. I heard the rumors, how he changed his pack in hopes I would come back to him, be his Luna. He even started taking rouges in if they had a story of me and weren't kicked out for any dangerous crimes. Some rouges came to camp and spoke of him and his caring nature. Others stayed at his pack or just left in general. I remember one story of a rouge who had a picture of me for him, he was given $100 for just a single photo and a nice comfortable grand room.

I think about going to him sometimes. Then I think of Isabella, how hurt she would be. How hurt she was when I found her. Maybe one day, one day I'll see my mate. For now, I will defend my pack and love every member like every leader had yet to do for them.

I look over at the direction of the new pack that moved in. Their borders slowly push our way day by day. They have slowly taken over a dozen apple trees, Isabella's trees. They had found that our apple trees are quite delicious, the hard work Isabella put in them to make sure they were perfect for the children paid off and now they were taking them.

Almost a week has past, almost time to send Isabella to haunt the pack. I am afraid that since her light has dimmed, she will be easier to get to. She'll be more daring and risk her life more. I believe the first one we will do together, maybe even the second. Though I have to be cautious that I myself don't give us away. For if I am not as graceful as I once was.

"Cariana, sis snap out of it. You think too much," Calvin sat beside me, a fresh pair of furs on as if he just cleaned. His hair was wet and smiled brightly at me.

"Yeah that happens when you're old," Calvin laughed at my saying. He was only a couple years younger than I, seeing as I was barely 32.

"Though seriously, you were thinking of him weren't you?" His seriousness shown no sign of give. He knew me better than anyone.

"For it is hard to forget your mate once you find them. I hope the day you find yours, you never have to split," I smiled at him softly. He was eager yet cautious on the mate topic. For he wants to meet her, most wolves by now have, though my tale makes him doubt that mates are good at all.

"I don't know if I'll find her. Unless she's a rouge that needs patched up. And I won't leave her to go to some pack," he scoffed at the idea of leaving. We did build this pack together. He was in a way my pack healer and my Delta, his soft and caring tone working as both. We all had wished Skylar was his mate yet sadly when they met, nothing happened.

Though once he meets his mate, pack or not, I will make sure they stay together. I will send him to stay with the pack and watch over this one with Isabella till she no longer needs me. Then that's when I will decide what I want with my life. Till then, I will always be here for my daring little rouge Princess.

878 words. Just a little inside to her head. Going back to Isabella.