Slimey Log

I do not think I will never understand human rules. Nor will I understand why we had to gather around a table and sit in fancy chairs. The logs outside did everything these chairs could and took less time to make.

While the chairs made no sense, dinner was even more weird. I don't even know how to describe it. Glass plates, I was being served on glass. Why? No idea. It's not even useful glass; you can't see in or through it. Now I have some sort of slimey food log on it and a small metal pitchfork. They all were eating it and enjoying it too.

"Isabella are you hungry?" Danielle asked as she noticed I haven't touched this food log. It was like birch wood: white with a couple of brown spots. The slime was red and covered with small shredded yellow pieces. I don't even know what the inside looked like.

I looked up at Danielle and realized that she seemed to be taking it to heart that I wasn't eating this. Now Zavier and Axel were also looking at me. Skylar was devouring it till she noticed everyone looking at me.

"Princess, it's a chicken enchilada. They're a human tradition food. It's covered in a red sauce and cheese while the inside has chicken and some veggies. It's very good," Skylar spoke very certain. I reached up and touched it, only to pull my finger back as it felt I had touch a fire. Usually when you take your finger off the hot item, it stopped burning but this did not. The sticky red sauce stuck to my finger, causing me to shake my hand, trying to get it off. Finally I just put my finger in my mouth, instantly cooling off my finger. The sauce was a tad spicy but not nearly as slimey as it had looked. It actually tasted nice.

I looked up from my finger to notice everyone was still watching me. All had different reactions on their face. Is something wrong?

"How about you let me help you," Axel said as he moved his seat closer to me. He picked up the small pitchfork and used it to cut the enchilada. Then he took the smallest piece he cut and stabbed it with the pitchfork. He then held it up to my lips. Why did he stab it? I could've picked it up. Wait. Now it can't burn my finger.

I looked over at Axel as he encouraged me to eat the piece of log on the pitchfork. I slowly moved closer to the piece, my eyes still on him. I slowly bit into the food before closing my eyes and groaned. This was amazing. I never had this chicken meat nor the white or green pieces.

Axel growled lowly, causing me to stop moving. Is there a threat? My eyes snapped open and scanned the area. Nothing has changed. Why did he growl?

Skylar looked like she was about to lose her shit. She had her fist in my mouth, stopping the laugh that was about to come out. The other two just looked elsewhere. Finally my eyes looked over to Axel. The goof was watching my every movement.

Once he noticed me looking at him, he closed his eyes and took a breath before opening them and cut another piece of what they called an enchilada. And that was how we finished dinner; Axel feeding me with the pitchfork.

Skylar laughed when I asked why we used a pitchfork to eat. She said it was called a fork and was used to stab and eat. She also said that the white and green flecks were called onions and bell peppers.

After dinner, we all went to the living room. Instead of turning on the tv, Axel and Zavier stared at me. Skylar sat beside me and lowly growled as I got a tad uncomfortable.

  "How much do you know of outside of the woods?" Axel questioned me. Well how would I know if I don't know it? If he wants my life story, he wasn't getting it.

"The Queen said she got Isabella with the knowledge of the human world to be as much as a toddlers. Very limited. Didn't help that the only utensils we used was a spoon for soups and those were made from the trees around us. Isabella never worked a job, entered a town, or even indulged in any human pleasurities," Skylar said. She knew I wouldn't want to explain so she gave the best limited answer she could.

  "So then let's start with what she does know," Zavier said and looked at Skylar. She shrugged and looked at me, herself not knowing what limit my knowledge was.

  "I have been in a house before. I understand the rooms uses though not what's usually in it. The only items I know is the toilet, sinks, and the bed," I signed to them. I know I shouldn't have limited my knowledge, as seeing now it is hurting me in the long run. Knowing of the forks and the tv may have helped blend better but it's too late for that.

  "So do you know how to use a stove?" Danielle asked. I shook my head, seeing as I was too young to use one and I definitely see that they have changed from that time anyway.

The looks I was given looked almost pity yet curious. Like how could a human know so little of the world.

"I do not know how to cook with a stove but I can hunt and make a fire. I know how to heal the wounded and defend the weak. I know how to find my way around the woods and can blend in better than any animal out there. Simply because I do not know of your life does not mean you know all of mine," I signed angrily. How dare they act as if I am as a toddler.

"Which reminds me, how did you heal Danielle?" Zavier mentioned that it was you who completely healed her," Axel leaned forward slightly. He wanted my secret to heal his own, sadly for him I used mine all on Danielle so he won't get any of that. Nor will I allow it to slip past my fingers.

"Rouge medicine," was my only reply. Zavier in turn asked his mate if she had known of it. She rolled her eyes, knowing Calvin and I made it so it was just us that knew.

"Only two people know of the recipe. Neither two will tell," was her reply.

No matter the rouge, rouges do not give away rouges. Not even for more of those slimey logs.

1126 words. I love enchiladas.