Family Issues

The King and Queen thought over what Coriana said, over everything that has happened.

"And Princess Isabella," The Queen addressed me, "what would you do if we denied you the ability to mate with my son?"

I didn't even have time to think of words before Evelin gained controlled and growled lowly. The more we accept Axel as our mate, the stronger Evelin is. Or maybe she's just bolder.

"I see," The Queen mused. I don't believe she was wanting an answer per say, she seemed focused on my eyes.

"Robert, you see the girl's eyes? You don't believe it could be who I believe it is do you?" The Queen looked over at her mate with uncertainty.

"Tell us about your past. We will decide what is it happen after," the King was sharp, almost forgetting that I am not a wolf he could command.

"I will on my own accord," I pressed that this was my choice, as a Royal I decided when I did. "I was found by Coriana in a pack. I was told that my parents were murdered and they kept me for the fun of it. It wasn't till the Alpha came to Axel's pack did he tell me that I was found wondering alone."

"What pack was it that found you?" The King was being pushy on the subject and it started to nerve me.

"Dad, it's Alpha David's pack that found her," Axel answered for me which also nerves me. I speak now, I don't need people doing it for me.

"I sent for David, he'll be here in a minute," The King announces. Before I could even look at Coriana, he was in the room.

"Coriana," David mumbled as he took her in. He was trembling as he watched her, tears threatening his eyes. He looked broken, even more so than that moment at the pack grounds.

Even her eyes were sad. Now that I have my mate, I could not imagine losing mine. And she gave it up for ten years now. Just for me.

"Alpha David," The King's voice was sharp. Interesting. Not once had he spoken to any of us that way. "What do you know about Princess Isabella here?"

David was quiet for a moment, his eyes on Coriana. Then he finally spoke. "My father found her running around the woods coated in blood."

The air went stale in the room. There was nothing to be said at that moment. Even I was shocked by his statement.

"He brought her from the woods; her rambling in child talk. She never grew out of it either, it was always this fast pace words coming in one after the other. I snapped at her one day and she just stopped completely," he was telling the truth. He himself never hurt me, he just never stopped it.

"Thank you Alpha David. If you and Queen Coriana would like to speak privately, you may in the room across from here." The command was silent. Coriana, leave with David. And she obeyed despite the look of anger Calvin was giving her and David.

"Princess Isabella, I am going to ask you some questions and I want you to answer them quickly." The King's tone was soft at first. He started off slowly, with questions over my favorite color and such. He slowly got quicker and quicker as I spoke the first word that came to mind.

Then I caught on to what he did. And it only took a slip of the tongue. It was then I looked up and saw the look on everyone's faces; the shock. I spoke another language.

"Princess, you did not speak child talk. You spoke Russian. Like the true Russian Princess."

"Russian Princess?" Calvin looked me over. I didn't like how he was looking at me. The look that he didn't know me.

"Let me tell you a story about a long time ago," The King started. "A long time ago, we were good friends with the Royals of Russia. We are the Royals of North America and with our kingdoms close, they spent most summers here. They had an heir just a little after we did; a beautiful little girl. Her and Axel played from dust to dawn, the best of friends," he looked at his son and to me, almost replying the memory. What does this have to do with me? He can't possibly believe I was this Russian Princess.

"The European wolves are always trying to take over more territory. Unfortunately for them, both of us are too big for them to actually succeed, but they try. So when they heard that Russia has a fragile young girl, they attacked. To protect her, they sent her to stay with us. We knew they would attack us when they didn't find the girl at the kingdom so we sent her to stay at a trusted pack. Or so we thought," the King's voice was rough. Obviously this is a hard story for him.

"One wolf reported the girl was there and the pack was destroyed, the girl no where to be seen. We assumed they took her and attacked back, but no one ever found her," he was looking directly at me. It couldn't be me. There was no way.

"I don't see where you are going with this story. I couldn't be this Princess," I was getting irritated. I felt like he was accusing me of being someone else and I didn't like it.

Axel wrapped his arm around me and placed his chin on my head in a soothing manner. It soothed me, but my wolf was on edge. She wanted answers.

"You see, I have a hard time believing that," The King walked over to his desk and opened a draw. He pulled out a picture, an old picture. He walked calm and collected towards us, each step of a royal. He handed me the small picture.

The picture was of a small boy with brown hair and blue eyes. He had a big goofy smile with a missing tooth at the front. He wasn't looking at the camera either. His eyes were on a girl. His arm was wrapped around her as he stood beside her. She was leaning into his much taller frame. Her fire red hair curled and frizzed in every direction as she smiled as bright as the boy. She wore furs and he wore a suit.

I looked back up at the King with shock. For when I looked at this picture, the same silver eyes stared back at me.

Did Axel know? I looked up at him and even he was confused. He kept looking between me and the picture, like he also didn't believe this.

"Why did you not look for me in neighboring packs? If you truly believe I am the Princess how come you couldn't find me?" I was angry. I was abused and tormented for a childhood, yet looking at this picture speaks volumes of how much I was wanted.

"We did. We checked packs all around the area," The Queen stayed silent till this moment. She was not being hostile anymore. I guess now I'm Royal by her means that I'm okay.

"Isabella, you were placed only a couple states from here in Alaska. Alpha David's pack is in the southern part of North America. You managed to get across the country."

1242 words. I'm sorry if this is a tad thrown together, I had no time to edit this since I'm slammed with finals. When I started this story, I had 12 chapters prewritten and each time I posted, I kept writing. I'm now writing as I post so I'm behind.

I'm thinking of finishing this story off and making a sequel. I'm not sure, I don't want to drag it on with making much more storylines, though I'm not quite ready to end this off. So I'm in need of some help. The quicker I figure it out, the quicker I'll post another chapter, whether it's an epilogue or a continued chapter depends on my responses I get.

Thanks for waiting on the chapter! Once Summer hits I'll have more time to write!