A Wild Pack

I wake up with a scream. I shot up and looked around as if I was to be attacked from any direction.

I finally catch my breath when I see Axel also looking around for the danger, but groggily. Was he asleep? He was in the chair that was close to my bed, a chair that wasn't there before.

That's when I remembered what happened. I forced Evelin to give back control by making her use most of her energy. She tries to block out that memory; the memory of our shift. Such a horrible day.

"Are you okay? How do you feel? Are you hurting anywhere?" Axel was shooting questions off left and right, worry clouding all his senses. This is why I can't be his Queen, I will take his focus off his pack and onto me.

"I am fine," I signed to him. His sigh of relief was noted as his body relaxed. I knew he had questions and he knew I probably wouldn't answer them. There was no point, I have to leave soon and I won't be leaving a trail to be followed. He already knew about my past life, unlike most. He already knew too much.

"Isabella, I won't question you about that memory I saw. But I also won't sit here and believe that your wolf is a feral wolf."

My eyes grew wide as he said that. Is he fucking dense? He saw the memory, he saw how she took control.

"Your wolf is a very dominant wolf, yes I get that. But for her to be feral, she would have to be cruel and vicious. Evelin isn't, she is a leader and amazing. She lets her voice be heard and she won't let anyone stop that," his words caused Evelin to mentally sigh and wag her tail. Not once has she ever heard such words spoken about her. Her eyes being the color they were caused most to run in fear or be scared of her. Axel was the only one to ever hold her up so high.

Before I knew it, I lunged at him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I was barely holding myself together, tears threatening to rain down onto him.

Why do I have to give this up? Why must being happy be so difficult? I so badly want this man to be apart of my life as he has effected it so much in this small time frame, yet he can't. We were royals from two different worlds. I couldn't betray Coriana like that.

"Isabella, I have something I want to discuss with you. With you and Skylar both. So I'm going to let you shower and I will meet you downstairs with food," Axel lightly pulled away from me and looked at me with a sad smile. What is going on?

I was quick to shower once Axel turned it on for me. I still had no idea on how to work such simple things. I could never be Queen of this world, I hardly understood it. And he knew nothing about surviving on only his wolf, how could he be King of mine?

I practically ran down to the kitchen. I needed to know what was going on. I couldn't hold the anxiety that was squeezing me like a cobra. What was he up to?

"Now we have some things to discuss," Axel started as he had me, Skylar, Flavian, and Zavier in the kitchen, "Usually when two mates come together, one leaves their pack and goes with the other based on who is higher ranked. When two Alphas are mates-"

"They join the two packs!" Skylar almost yelled. She quickly became quiet as she realized she interrupted Axel.

"Yes, they join packs. Royals hardly ever are mates and when they are, they aren't both in line. If they are, whoever can pass the throne will and moves to the other pack. Since neither of us have anyone in line, I believe we should merge packs."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Flavian yelled. He was known to not like rouges. He barely could stand me and Skylar to most degree. Though his response caused growls from both Skylar and I.

"Do you really believe the Queen and King would allow you to do that? Isabella is suppose to be hunted down, not become the Princess. It probably would be different if it wasn't the ROYAL rouge pack," Flavian continued till Axel growled and cut him off.

"Yes, I get that. We will have to make adjustments to how we live, but I think it is doable. If Isabella's pack is like these two, I don't see why they have to be rouges. They live peacefully within their pack," his words hit home whether he meant them to or not.

I always say that we are not pack wolves, that we were rouges. That I could never live among pack wolves, yet I've already been doing so. Each rouge that formed with us, with the exception of me, Alex, and Coriana, came from a pack. They lived peacefully around us as a pack. I was simply apart of a wild wolf pack.

We weren't rouges. Rouges were vicious and killed for sport. They could not be reasoned with nor could they live with anyone around them. They were true lone wolves unlike my pack.

"Maybe Axel is right," I signed. The room went dead silent. Axel's face looked like it could split from the smile while Skylar's face mimicked Flavian's with a shocked face. I'm the Princess of Rouges and I might be crazy, but I also know what's best for my pack.

"Then it's settled. We need to go to the Palace and discuss this with the current King and Queen," Axel sighed as he looked over at me, "time to meet my parents."

982 words. It's more on the shorter side, so I'll post another one in a day or so instead of a couple. I just feel that this was a good place to end the chapter and so yeah. But who was expecting that? Oh right, I was 😂😂.
Anyway, what is your favorite animal?