Cato Oneshot: Love Starts In Strange Ways

Requetsed by kkrose4

(Third Person POV)

 Flaskback:

          9 year old Makenzie played with her sister, Josie on the playground. They were waiting for Makenzie's best friend, Cato. Josie's face lit up.

          "He's here." Makenzie turned around. She smiled when she saw the blonde haired boy walking towards them. Josie, who was 5, ran towards Cato.

           "Cato!" She went to go and give him a hug, but Cato picked her up and swung her around. Rather haphazardly, but Josie laughed in delight and Makenzie smiled at the two. They played around for about half an hour, until 3 other boys from Makenzie's school showed up. Jack, Tyler, and Nate. Jack walked over to Cato and high fived him. Josie walked over to Makenzie and held her hand. Jack then noticed them and laughed. 

             "Cato. Is THIS your best friend. She looks like a pathetic little nothing and with that stupid looking kid next to her, she looks even worse." Josie hid behind her and she glared at him. Makenzie gave Cato a look that signaled for him to do something. He did.... but it wasn't at all what the two girls were expecting. 

              "Yeah. These are nothings. I never understood why I hung out with them. My parents made me." Cato then grabbed Josie by the arm and threw her into the woodchips like she was a twig. Makenzie started fuming. She punched Cato in the gut and picked up Josie. 

              "Stay away from me and my sister."

(Timeskip)

          Makenzie kept her head down as she walked through the corridors of her high school building. She turned a corner and she growled under her breath. Her enemy, Cato Hadley, was leaning up against the lockers (hers to be exact) talking and laughing loudly with his friends. Makenzie groaned inwardly and she approached the jerk. Cato noticed the blonde haired girl and smirked.

         "Hey Makenzie. Oh, is this your locker. Ooh. Sorry bout that." Makenzie didn't say anything, but just shoved pat the muscular boy and took her books out of her bag. She started to put in the combination, but suddenly, her stuff was knocked out of her arms. Cato's friends started to laugh and Makenzie felt her blood boil. She spun around and grabbed Cato by the collar of his shirt and brought his face down to hers.

          "Listen here, jerk. I have had enough of you bullcrap. You've tortured me since 6th grade and I told you to stay away from me. So, I want you to back up, run away from me, and leave me alone." Cato just stared at her. Then he smirked and kissed her. Makenzie's eyes widened until they were as big as dinner plates. Cato pulled away and Makenzie was in so much shock, he was able to get out of her grip. 

         "You're cute when you're mad." And with that he walked away.

End Flashback

          That was 3 years ago. Cato and her became friends after he apologized profusely to her during the junior prom. It was a few months until the end of senior year and Makenzie was sitting in the corner of the bathroom, crying her eyes out. The door opened and Makenzie saw large boots walk towards her. She looked up and saw Cato, who was looking at her in concern.

          "Mak? What happened?" Makenzie wiped her tears with the sleeve of her jacket and stood up. 

          "Tony cheated on me. I saw him making out with Clove against the lockers during break. When I pulled him off of her, I slapped him and yelled at him. After I was finished, he just said, 'I'm breaking up with you' and went back to kissing Clove. I just stood there in disbelief, then ran here," she said. More tears cascaded down her face and she hugged Cato, burying her face in his shirt. Cato stroked her blonde hair while she cried. He then lifted Makenzie's face up so it was facing his and stared into her ocean blue eyes. 

           "You're cute when you're mad," he said, quoting what he had said the year before. Makenzie laughed and smiled up at Cato. He smiled back and leaned in. Makenzie inhaled and leaned in as well. Cato's lips connected with hers and she gripped his shirt to keep her balance while Cato put his hands on her hips. Their lips moved in sync, as if they were made for each other. When they pulled apart for air, Makenzie smiled up at the blonde haired boy. 

           "So, are we together?" Cato smirked and kissed her again.

           "Love starts in strange ways. But, yeah. We are."