Part 15 - Shifting Seasons

~October 29th Wednesday~

"Ok students, in todays assembly i will be addressing some new changes to the school. All students will now board according to their housing colours. Yellow and Blue will be together in the northern areas, then Green and Red will be located in the west. Boarding will start next week and funds will be paid within the next term"

You looked to your friends and all smiled. Dahyun joined you in blue house and the others were in yellow. You all giggled and high-fived low-key already imagining the sleepovers and midnight feasts which would commence.

"Obviously there are rules. No girls in boys dorms past 10:00pm and vice verser"

as he said that, you turned to see Seungchol's eyes burning on yours, a sparkle glistening causing your cheeks to glow and rapidly look away. What is he thinking..?

— — —

Wendy: "I can't wait to move in next week!"

Y/N: "Same, its going to be so fun. They've been in construction for so long but the dorms look amazing!"

Dahyun: "You know theres a halloween party coming up guys" she joined you at your table and sat down with Nayeon.

Wendy: "Oh really? Who's going?"

Nayeon: "Everyone! Josh and all his friends" she nudged Wendy and you laughed.

Y/n: "Oh cool, how about we don't go and avoid passing out again!"

Nayeon: "Aww, c'mon Y/n, we'll protect you this time!" she brightly smiled and begged with her hands out.

Y/n: "Ughh i don't know i really don't want to do that again"

Dahyun: "Look, we can turn up together and if you're not enjoying it, we'll go back to Wendy's and order a pizza, deal?" they all turned to you, puppy eyes activated.

Y/n: "Fine" they all cheered loudly and dug into your food, nerves building inside you and worry commencing.

You left school still worried and overthinking the party. You needed a costume, a lift, an excuse for your parents, not to mention a plan to avoid passing out drunk and waking up in Coups' room! you were so distracted you didn't realise you'd bumped into someone~

"Oh shoot, sorry" you held your head and looked up, greeted by sparkling eyes

Coups: "Oh, hey" he smiled and immediately went to pull at your waist, clearing forgetting you were surrounded.

Y/n: "Umm, public remember"

Coups: "You keep saying that, but it still hasn't happened in private" he held your waist and you quickly removed him.

Y/n: "I'd prefer not to get thrown to the ground by Rose thanks" you walked off and heard quick steps joining your side.

You walked home, side by side as the autumn leaves fell beside you. Orange and red waves swam by the smoothed roads. Crunchy leaves fell and draped across the fading grass, rustling with every step you took. You took in the air, smiling up at the natural commotion around you and enjoying the quiet street. Coups refused to leave you, his sweet nature comforting yours as you walked along the road together, like a couple almost.

Coups: "Whats wrong?"

Y/n: "What?"

Coups: "I know somethings wrong, what is it?" he slowed down, matching your headspace and heart.

Y/n: "Im worried about this party..i'm scared something might happen again" all comedy and humour dropped, your sick riddled words understood by a nodding Coups.

"I don't know..i'm scared someone..someone might-"

Coups: "Y/n please, don't worry about" he stopped now, looking at you.

"I'll always be here to protect you. Now i know! You're an independent woman who can protect herself, but other people don't get that Y/n so if you're ever in danger again and for some reason you can't, i will" his eyes were so genuine and kind, concern orbiting them and his heart so pure and kind. You smiled uncontrollably, looking down and you kicked his ankle softly.

Y/n: "You're so cringey" you walked off, trying to act 'not bothered' but was screaming inside from his adorableness.

Coups: "I just poured my heart out for you! Can i not get something in return..?"

Y/n: "Like money?"

Coups: "More valuable" he inched closer

Y/n: "What has more value than money?" you slowly backed up, feeling the bumpy tree trunk behind you as as wide smile plastered him and he came closer.

Coups: "You" he muttered, focusing on your lips. You weren't afraid anymore, just impatient. Je leaned down to match your height, decreasing the space. His breathe mingled with yours, millimetres away, a touch apart and-

"Seungchol!"

A whiny voice echoed from among the first of trees. He let out a frustrated sigh and you just smiled disappointing. The voice called out again, recognisable and making you shudder with disgust.

Coups: "I better go..don't want word getting out"

Y/n: "Yeah.." you stood there awkwardly, neither wanted to leave by knew you had to.

"Seungchol!? I know you're here somewhere"

Just before he dashed off he leaned down and kissed your forehead lightly, before zooming into the mysterious maze. You sighed and smiled as his figure descended into the fog. His traces disappearing  but the warmth on your head and heart still remaining. This content feeling of warmness in your heart was replaced slightly with a feeling of desire and fire.

You were going to that party.

And you would beat Rose.