Part 46 - Sports Day

Finally, it has arrived.

Arguably the most important day of the school year was upon you, sending anxiety levels to reach all new highs and exhausted bodies finding the energy to fight; literally.

As you made your way through familiar gates, a thick tension could be sensed immediately, people dressed in their finest kits, colour-coordinated to their houses to symbolise pride and loyalty; something you weren't clearly. You were never a candidate for starting violence and avoided it as much as possible, but if you were attacked?

Whoever hurt you would have regrets 

as you showed no mercy. 

— — — 

"First event: football"

The pitch was set and the completion was thriving.

It was thrilling to see just how intense and brutal events became. Though it may be stigmatised and segregated, everyone pretty much stayed within their houses to make friends, date and live. The only time you'd associate was in lessons which were randomised and though physical conflict was banned, the school encouraged a sense of completion and rivalry thus it was hard not to get swept up in it.

In your stalls you and Dahyun cheered; blue house, together luckily. The whistle blew, blue against green. You cheered until your voice disappeared, screaming and yelling like a mad woman, equally not caring. A group of boys behind you only heightened your feeling of 'house-pride' as they also shouted.

"GO BLUE, DESTROY 'EM!"

"PUSH, TO THE GROUND GREEN GO"

"SHOOT, TAKE THE GODDAMN SHOT"

Slightly scary but more electrifying as you shouted in unison. The games ended and points weren't clear as the secrecy was an iconic point of the day as you unaware of the leaderboard but picked up on hints throughout the day.

Red House:  4 points

Yellow House: 3 points

Blue House: 2 points

Green House: 1 Points

— — — 

"Second event: Hockey"

Crowd sizes continued to grow, these events cleared out a lengthy school day and only the smallest of events over-lapped,  all being held worthy and important. You managed to sneak with Dahyun behind the bleachers, meeting up with your two other partners in crime like you did every year.

Red House: 5 points

Yellow House: 7 points

Blue House: 5 points

Green House: 2 points

— — — 

"Fifth event: Track"

 Many people came to watch and cheer on. Dahyun was an excellent runner and stood  to the side of the track, waiting nervously. You shot her a reassuring smile and she flashed a grin back, cloaking her nerves. You sent a quick prayer and leaned on the rails, watching as she positioned herself at the starting line. You glanced at her competition. Momo stood near her, Rose's friend.