Part 37 - The Best Present

~Christmas Morning~

-10 years ago-

"GET UP, ITS CHRISTMAS!"

Joshua burst in your room, yelling and happily bouncing on your bed as all the houses on your road awoke, kids screaming and parents regretting conceiving kids. He grabbed your hand as you bolted out of bed, full of energy despite the early hours of the day. 

Scrambling onto your parents bed, you shook them joyfully and all ventured downstairs to a generous tree and dying fire. You scattered around the tree and already started dishing out presents between you and Josh. your mum poured coffee while your dad positioned himself by the tree, recording everything on his old camera. 

"Dad, move the camera!" 

you giggled, Josh overtaking you and posing greedily whilst you pulled your mum down, eager to explore your gifts. Everyone piled around the typical scene, a childhood captured by film. 

-Current day- 

it was quiet at first, making you realise how Christmas had changed through the years and gave you a sad start, luckily brushed off by a cute text.

Merry Christmas idiot

You smiled and typed a response but got interrupted-

"GET UP, ITS CHRISTMAS"

There it is..

— — — 

Sure, you were seventeen, but that didn't mean you weren't excited for Christmas.

You raced down the stairs and tumbled into the living room, laughing and shouting, every step giving you a rush of childhood and joy. He lit the fire whilst you opened the curtains, greeted by a thick blanket of fluffy snow. You gasped and called Josh over, both amazed. Suddenly you heard a camera flash. You looked behind and saw your dad smiling widely with the same old camera in his hands.He started the recorder and when your mum joined you, dressing gown tight and hair still bed-ridden, you dived into a slightly smaller amount of presents, but still just as exciting. 

— — — 

"I'm stuffed."

You held your stomach and had to unbutton your jeans from how much you'd bloated. A hefty Christmas lunch left you so full and you had to of gained at leat 50 pounds. It was worth it though, and although you weighed the same as seven elephants, you would do it again without hesitation. 

Dad: "I'm glad we could all come together" he smiled and held your mums hand, who smiled back at him and then to Josh, then to you. 

"I'd like to say I'm thankful for everyone being here, and how amazing they are. I have no doubt that Josh and Y/n will grow into amazing young adults and do amazing things" he wiped the tears in his eyes and you all laughed, Josh was next.

Joshua: "I mean if theres one person I'm grateful for.." he paused, looking around as you saw a tear shine in his eye when we landed on you. You felt your eyes water also as he spoke;