Part 30 - Same Night Sky

Seungchol POV

I felt as if i were on cloud nine. Being with her sent me into heaven and i can't get enough. It pains me to say goodbye, but i know i'll see her soon. And with that determination and still feeling the touch of her on my, i made my way home. Only to be met a little closer than the front door.

"Where have you been?"

My mums a..sensible woman. She's the one who works in my house, and she takes her job very seriously. My dad also works, but not so much anymore, meanwhile she is constantly away. She is also the the who is most excited for this arranged marriage.

Coups: "Just on a walk to clear my mind, get away from the queen herself inside" i pointed my head towards the house and laughed, her not so amused.

Areum: "Don't speak so loud Seungchol, you know this is all for you!" she came over and ensured i wasn't speaking too loud. Thing thing is with mum, i know she loves me, but she's always struggled to show it and be a good, typical mum. Bit like Y/n..

"Are you listening?"

Coups: "Yeah sorry, i'll come inside now-"

Areum: "-Answer the question. i know you Seungchol, where were you?" you held me back and looked me in the eye. Her eyes were overworked and constantly stressed, a distant glow of love and warmth trying to break through. 

Coups: "just going on a walk"

Areum: "Seungchol i don't want you falling into your player habits again! Brining home so many girls a night its ridiculous" 

Coups: "Ok ok, 'every night' is an exaggeration, i can't help that I'm a womaniser and lately i don't do that anymore, I've turned over a new leaf and settled for one" a smile creeped up, remembering her features in the winter night. 

Areum: "Well thank god, I'm sure Rose will be delighted now go back in"

Coups: "It's not Rose" i smirked and ran for the door but she grabbed her quickly.

Areum: "Please don't kid, who else could there be Seungchol? You need to understand that Rose is your future wife" the smile faded and the memory of her lessened.

"You know this isn't great, but trust me you will like her if you allow yourself to, she's a mouthful at times but you're fairly similar! Think about how good this is for us" 

Coups: "What about me! It's my life which is going to be chained down to her, its like i have no say in my own future. Mum i don't like her, i can't help my feelings"

Areum: "Please try dear, you can like her if-"

Coups: "What about love?! Mum i love someone else..if you can't except that then i don't know what we're going to do" she paused, considering what i've said. I didn't like making her feel uncomfortable but i also couldn't put my relationship with Y/n in jeopardy. She groaned and sighed, peaking back into the busy dining room.

Areum: "We'll talk about this later Seungchol, just come in. They'll be leaving soon and you need to be here, she's giving me a headache so i will wrap things up" i laughed and rubbed her back, trying to provide comfort but she just smile and walked back into the house. I knew she was trying, but i worry its not quite enough..

Rose: "You're back!" she smiled widely as i entered the room and sat opposite her, not bothering to fake a smile but had to once my arm was brutally nudged. 

Our parents spoke about god knows what, my dad cracking jokes which always made me smile, even if i hid it. I just sat with my chin on my palm, looking out into the cold night bored. I felt a foot tap mine and looked over emotionless. She was fed up by the point and had her arms crossed, pouting miserably. 

"Aren't you going to acknowledge your wife?"

I rolled my eyes and turned myself to her, looking at her with the same lifeless look.

Rose: "Y/n hasn't tried to bother you has she?" i turned myself fully, slightly taken aback but smiling interlay, she really had no idea~

Coups: "No, why?"

Rose: "Just checking, let me know if she does" she had a cold, unreadable look on her face which alarmed me. Is something going on that i don't know about? Either way, i wasn't risking it.

Coups: "Well she's not, so leave her" not liking my defence for her, she changed the topic. 

Rose: "Do you still take pictures on your digital thingy?"  

Coups: "My Pentax?" 

Rose: "Thats it! Do you have any pictures of me i can use for my Instagram, it would really go well with my feed!" her eyes lit up at the meaningless media and i just internally shot myself and turned back to her.

Coups: "No, i don't photograph people" lies.

Rose: "Oh, maybe you could. For our wedding!" at that point i just zoned out, letting her ramble on and look out to the stars. 

The evening conversation was blurred out as i looked up into the endless night sky. Stars upon stars forming a constellation of hidden messages to be decrypted as zodiacs. Though it may look boring upon flirt glance, i know that the stars hold much more meaning, and reflect my true happiness. Knowing that regardless of how far away we were,

We were looking at the same night sky~

— — —

Y/n POV

Y/n POV

You started out the window and smiled up at the stars. Twinkling shamelessly they lit up the ombre sea and dominated the skies. It did sadden you slightly that he was with another girl, but you accepted the reality and if this was the sacrifice would'd make, so be it. Content and overwhelmed with butterflies you got ready to go to bed, until you saw a shadow cross your front garden. You borrowed you eyebrows and lifted the window, opening it and gazing out, smiling at the sight. 

There he stood, bathed in moonlight. Smartly dressed, with neat hair combed back showing a striking forehead and a grin on his face. He waved and you waved back, re-inacting Romeo and Juliet's balcony scene. He stepped closer and the beautiful moment was ruined as your houses censored lights came on. You held back a laugh as he ducked to avoid the lights as your dad came out, scanning the area. After doing his nightly patrol he went back in, confused as ever and you let out a breathy laugh and he joined you, before opening your window and letting him climb up the vines to reach your window and spend the night secretly together.

'Secretly'