Part 41 - Broken Trust

"Stop being a baby, get back inside!"

Your mind was racing.

Never had you been so angry, 

so fucking angry. 

Heart hammering against your lungs as you shook the floor with your aggressive steps. Shaking the floor you stormed down the steps outside, you had no plan and no direction but you needed to get out of there before you exploded in front of everyone. 

"Y/n stop being so childish"

To make it even worse, he followed you.

Even when you fought before and he followed you, regardless of how much you hated it or wanted to be alone, you loved him being there. Proving himself and his obvious love by failing to leave your side no matter how bad the situation. But for once in your life you just wanted to be alone. Be by yourself with your own thoughts and away from the monster he was. 

"WILL YOU STOP IGNORING ME" 

Out of no were he'd caught up and had grabbed your arm. Your blood boiling at this point, your subconscious took over and you spun around and unleashed your anger

You slapped his cheek so hard a red mark was shown within seconds. You felt guilty and sick, automatically stumbling back and backing away from his intense gaze, but the worst part was

you didn't even regret it. 

Coups: "What the hell has gotten into you tonight!?" his face burning too he turned, facing you with intense anger. 

Y/n: "Me? ME? ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS SEUNGCHOL?" his ignorance made you flip as you yelled in his equally provoked face. 

"Maybe I'm slightly enraged as you literally ripped up my families chance of freedom! A chance of reconciliation between our families and an end to this pathetic rivalry!" 

Coups: "Oh yeah because you really care about that don't you" he scoffed and rolled his eyes, making you even more infuriated. 

Y/n: "What does that mean!? I swear to god ever since you came in those doors you just have been in such a shit mood" eyes flaring and tone sharp you questioned him hard, staring up into his disgusted eyes which ignored yours. 

Coups: "Well it was great seeing you with Mark and not telling me" 

Y/n: "Oh and that led you to destroy my mums chance of happiness did it! You pathetic piece of-"

Coups: "That wasn't it, if you listened for once and stopped being so stubborn i'd tell you! But no, you're selfish and only care about yourself" 

Y/n: "YOU KNOW THATS NOT TRUE!" The one thing that got to you most was that accusation. 'Selfish'. 

Coups: "Do i? Do i really? You know, i thought i knew you" a short chuckle escape his devil like smirk, shaking his head, not bothering to give you any eye contact. 

Y/n: "What is going on with you!" the anger was starting to fade away and worry was displacing it. You hated arguing, with him too, so the feeling of sickness filled your throat and stomach, an uneasy sensation which was even worse facing such a heated debate. 

Coups: "You know i don't open up! You know that more than anyone Y/n. And jesus i though i'd found someone who got me is that so much to ask!?" pacing the steps, running shaky hands through sweaty hair, shouting out of frustration and avoiding your stare he kept running around. 

Y/n: "When will you just face and tell me whats happened!?"

Coups: "You know, i don't have to explain myself to you anymore, you mean nothing to me" Thats where you recharged, gaining back the anger and crossing the line. 

Y/n: "NOTHING? OH MY GOD I BRING MARK TO ONE FORMAL DINNER IN WHICH YOU WERE PRE-OCCUPIED WITH A GIRL, WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL!?" 

Coups: "I've told you i don't care about that"

Y/n: "What then!?"

"I know you used me. You got close to be so you could use the company against us. If my mum had gone forward i know you would've used that against her for revenge. You've lived in spite and that was your chance"

Stunned you fell back, your mouth open and your eyes bulged. 

Theres no way he believed that..

but he did. 

And you were apoplectic. 

"Who told you that!? You honestly believe thats true!?" 

"I don't know what to believe, but it all makes sense! You had no problem when we argued, all the little arguments and disagreements. You were afraid of it getting out not because of the scholarship, but because you don't even like me. I bet you only agreed to the bet so it would force us to get closer" 

"Seungchol you've got to be joking me right now..you"

"I wish i was, but i think its better if we stop this, I'm tired..Y/n"

"Coups no you are joking right? You're gonna walk away over something that isn't even true!? And how do i know you're not just leaving because you too are ashamed of me, my mums failing business and me being a mess"

He started to walk away. Very easily just walking away. He made it down the steps and out to the road. Your heart was sinking but your anger rising too. He didn't even let you explain! You felt so cheated and upset you couldn't even function properly. You couldn't handle being seen as the weak one and just yelled out;

"WHAT I SAID THAT DAY WAS RIGHT..

-Flashback-

"I was right about you. I should of never gotten involved and thought things could work between us! It's pointless, You're too absorbed in your fantasy world, you can't even look up and think about someones else feelings"

-Present Day-

Panting hard you stood in the hard evening. Pitch black swallowed the night as dim street lights just about lighted up his silhouette which was now getting harder and harder to see through teary eyes. They rolled down your burning cheeks as you cried out before him, desperate for him to reply just so you could have him for one second longer..

"I mean you're right Y/n.."

he turned, facing you, meters away but finally connecting your eyes. A million feelings flooding through you as you saw his eyes. 

"I am too absorbed in my fantasy world, i hoped i could ignore reality and the problems just for a little longer and enjoy the happiness between us. Escaping to utopia with you is my favourite escape,

but you're too consumed in the harsh reality, and thats why it will never work out"

And just like that he was swallowed by the mist and gone.