Part 20 - Glossy Eyes & Fireflies

~Saturday - 9:49pm~

"Is Seungchol at yours?" Nayeon called The8, in attempt to locate your prince charming.

"uh, no? he's not here. In fact, i haven't seen him all week, at school i don't know where he goes..He missed the rugby game last night too"

"Oh..thats kinda weird. Well thanks for your time, night"  she turned to you and explained it, all of you confused over where he could be as the boys were meant to be at The8's tonight.

Wendy: "Its weird that even his friends haven't seen him at school.."

Dahyun: "Well you're gonna have to go over there yourself!"

It didn't take much persuasion from your friends to make the decision. All it took was a quick re-application of lost make-up from tears, pulling on your three year old coat and one bite of buttered toast. That was all the support you needed to be walking to his house. 

The more you thought about it, the quicker you got. How could you be so stupid? To misjudge him like that..Granted, you and Seungchol had never had a 'heart-to-heart' conversation, but you felt close enough to him to feel very guilty. Maybe he's sitting crying in his room too, maybe he doesn't care, maybe he's already forgotten. 

No.

 You wouldn't  let those kind of thoughts enter your mind. Time to be strong and brave, even if it is an act. You pictured him more though. Walking turned quicker, jogging took over and before you knew it, you were running down the deserted pavement all the way to his house. 

There his house sat, no lights were on and it was eerily quiet, but that didn't stop you. Stilling running, you knocked on the door impatiently. After a couple of minutes, you heard a husky voice yell "coming" and your heart winced. You were panting and sweating slightly, overcome with strong emotions and your mind raced until the door opened. It opened, revealing Coups. 

His eyes still swollen slightly from sleeping, bloodshot from..crying? Dark circles and paleness consumed his youth and almost made him unrecognisable. He looked so..

..so sad. Broken. You released your hood, allowing him to recognise you and when he did a small spark lit in his eye, only to be distinguished by sorrow. 

"If you're here to shout at me..don't bother i feel bad enough"

a grungy, low voice spoke quietly. He was tall and broad, but looked weak and small before you, so vulnerable and fragile in the harsh night. Ironically, you both felt guilty, he probably had no idea that you knew what had happened. He probably thought you still hated him. And he probably hated you for it.

"I'm sorry"

he managed, before catching your teary eyes one last time and closing the door slowly. Without thinking, you stepped forward, your foot obstructing it from going any further. You pushed the door back forcefully and he seemed to wake up slowly, looking at you, almost emotionless, but also confused. 

"I'm sorry"

You stuttered, before running forward and jumping into his arms. The second you started to run towards him he encased you tightly and held you so passionately. You'd already been crying, and had cried a whole ocean meaning no tears could escape