three

my friends and i stand outside the bus while random Italian men carry everyone's things into the bus. isabelle goes on about how she's super excited. i scan the area, loving how rome looked. besides the fact that it was sort of chilly, it made me happy.

my friends were occupied as they were all talking to one another about what they were gonna do on their free time here when we aren't with our teacher, touring the entire city.

i look behind me to see ethan staring at me. he doesn't do anything when i catch him, instead he just smirks. i give him the 'what are you looking at' look. all he does is return the same look. touché. let's just not look at each other.

i needed to change the subject, i wanted to think about anything but me and ethan.

"aria, i noticed you left mid flight, where'd you go?" i ask out of curiosity. she was gone for quite a while too. i would assume the bathroom, but it was too long for the bathroom.

"oh, just to the little ladies room," she nervously chuckles. "a girls gotta go when a girls gotta go."

"ladies room for almost an hour?" i raise an eyebrow to her, a smirk plastered onto my face.

her face turns a light pink, "can we just go on the bus now?" she turns around, her arms crossed. she walks up to the bus while isabelle and mia tease her on the way. i laugh, following right behind them.

i sit next to mia, letting out a content sigh. "how's you and ethan? i saw you two... communicating?" she asks.

i chuckle, "i don't know. he's still the same guy from when we split."

"i find it crazy how we're going on a trip with your ex boyfriend and his obnoxious friends." she says, letting out a sigh.

"i know right. what could go wrong?" i sarcastically say.

we laugh together, before hearing isabelle across from us continuing to tease aria into telling her who the mystery guy is. mia and i giggle in our seats, as people walked passed us through the isles.

my friends. i guess i should tell you a bit about them.

mia and i grew up together throughout all of high school. we were never really close during our freshmen, sophomore and junior year, but once senior year came around, we were inseparable. i was dating ethan at the time, and she had a major crush on his brother, grayson. but, im pretty sure she's over it now. Mia's always been super mature about things. she definitely was the most grown up out of all of us.

Aria, I met here at college. we were majoring in the same thing, so that's how I met her. we became friends quick and that's when i introduced her to my roommate, mia. we became four good friends when aria introduced us to her friend from college who you know as Isabelle.

Isabelle is easy to become friends with. her enthusiasm pulls you in. i love being her friend knowing nothing will ever be awkward with her.

as the bus pulled up to the hotel we were staying in, mrs bruno instructs us to wait in the lobby while she discusses how we are going to room.

"i will allow you to choose who you're rooming with, however, please, do not be disruptive or... annoying. you are all adults now, act like them. although, i do advise that your roommate be of the same gender.."

mia and i lined up to get our key card, positive we were gonna room together, while isabelle and aria were gonna room together. doesn't mean we weren't gonna meet every night in the same room though.

we took the elevator to the seventh floor before getting comfy in our rooms.

"i heard they provided a buffet downstairs, wanna join me?" mia asks.