thirteen

mia's pov

"it really sucks that we have to dress up and we don't even get to go out." Isabelle says, a pout on her face.

"who says we can't? we can have a group dinner, just not with Ethan and Cassandra." i explained, shrugging my shoulders.

"hopefully they don't care about us and actually have their 'date'." Aria says, quoting the word date with her fingers. this wasn't one hundred percent thought through, but we planned on telling them to meet up somewhere and we don't show up for a while, forcing them to say fuck it and have dinner without us.

"hopefully this works." i mumble to myself, turning around and walking into the room Cass and I shared, with Aria and Isabelle following behind me.

cassandra's pov

"hey girlie, ready to get ready?" Mia says, walking into the room, Aria and Isabelle right behind her. "we brought some necessities!" they hold up bags of clothes and makeup.

"oh and this," Isabelle reveals two chip bags from her back. "we need snacks, cause i get hungry when dressing up."

i sighed, "actually guys. i don't mean to be the party pooper, but i really have to get this done." i say, gesturing to my laptop. our vacation would be over soon, and when i get back i needed to have this paper done. procrastinating was unacceptable this time.

"what?!" they say at the same time.

"what's the big deal? it's just a dinner. we can have many more of those another day." i explained, my eyebrows furrowed.

Mia sits down on the bed next to me, "Cass. this is a special night. please come with us."

"how's it special?" i asked, "it's just a regular night." did i forget someone's birthday? am i learning about a birthday? was someone pregnant?

"but it isn't," Aria said, sitting down also. "you're coming, Cass. no excuses."

within the next seconds, i was up and getting ready. really dreading every second of it though. i wasn't going to enjoy half the night knowing my laptop was lying on that bed with literally nothing written on it.

and eventually within the next hour, after lots of gossiping and tons of chips, we were out the door, meeting up with the boys and walking over to the restaurant.

it was chilly outside. i hugged my arms, bringing my cardigan and wrapping it around my body. not only did i not want to be here but it was cold also, and now i was really grumpy.

"oh shoot! i forgot my wallet! Grayson, can you come back to the hotel with me to look for it?" Mia says, just as we were about to enter the building. he says sure, and they leave, telling us they'd be right back.

"i should go too, i think i remember where she left it." Isabelle says, rushing to leave right behind them.

i look up, reading the sign. it was in Italian, but of course Mia came up with the great idea of bringing us all to a pasta restaurant. the ones you could have easy access to in America.

we waited outside the restaurant for Mia, Isabelle and Grayson, as suggested by Aria. being cold and having things run behind literally made me irritated.

Aria sighed. I could see the cold coming out of her mouth. she turns to Noah, whispering something in his ear. he nods, whispering something back. Aria looked really impatient like she needed to be somewhere else.

beside them, Alex breaths into his hands as he shivered. "we'll be back." Aria says, grabbing Noah's arm and walking towards the hotel.

"I have to use the bathroom," Alex says, and in a swift motion, he was running back to the hotel also.

"wha–" i throw my arms up, "i thought this was an important night!" i exclaimed. everyone was gone, except for Ethan and I.

i rolled my eyes, angrily walking towards the restaurant doors and opening them in a swift motion. if we were going to wait for them, i did not want to stand outside in the cold weather.

Ethan follows right behind me, letting out a sigh as he leaned against the wall across from me.

"how much?" a waitress comes up to Ethan and I, a smile on her face.

"oh- um. we're waiting for people," i said, pointing out the door.

she nervously chuckled, "i am sorry miss but, uh, if you are waiting, you must wait outside. unless you get the table now."

i looked over at Ethan, making eye contact with him, before looking back at the waitress. im pretty sure when they come back they can get their own tables near us. besides, the restaurant doesn't even look that busy.

because this night was so 'important', and they just left, i was gonna treat it like it wasn't important that they weren't here.

"table to two, then." i said. she smiled, telling us to follow her. i stood up from leaning and looked back at Ethan. he still stood there, a confused look on his fave. his eyebrows furrowed. 'come on', i mouthed.

she had us sit in this window seat. It was really beautiful, and i was kind of living for this. i stares in awe as i sat down, admiring the silverware and the decor.

Ethan abruptly sits across from me, "can we even afford this?" he whispered from across the table, "like without everyone else?"

"just don't order as much," i whispered back.

the waitress came back to take our orders and bring us water. Ethan and I got the same thing, assuming we both have the same taste.

i sighed, once the waitress left, taking out menus with. "this was supposed to be a special night, and they aren't even here." i rested my head onto my hand, faking a pout.

"at least you have me," he grins, folding his hands together. i laughed, resting my hands in my lap once again.

"I suppose so." i mumbled, staring down at my lap. after our trip to rome was over, we'd be jumping right into winter break, where we'd see and spend Christmas with our families once again.

then New Years would roll around and once that was all done, i would have to return to school with an outstanding story written. thus determining basically my entire grade.

dinner with Ethan was nice, but it didn't help that i couldn't stop thinking of what i was going to write the entire time.

"what's wrong?" he asked, leaning forward in his chair. i brought my hands back up onto the table, and he stared closely, probably thinking wether or not he was allowed to hold them.

i smiled lightly, "nothing... just thinking we should have a friendsmas after this trip."

he looked at me skeptically, like he knew there was more. but he left it alone. just replying with, "yeah, im down."

END OF CHAPTER THIRTEEN

um it's coachella 2019 and the twins outfits are looking a little rough. little disclaimer to the twins: just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's pretty !! LV is ugly !!